I'm a king, a lion lying inside of me..., {Noctis Lucis Caelum}
Praecantius
Race: Human (Probably)
Job: Guard Captain - Manus
Series: Final Fantasy XV
OOC: Dust - CST - Offline

Lifeless I live again
the dark stray dog of war
Three days. Cor had given Noctis that much time to do what he wished, he did not expect much from him during those three days due to their sort of disagreement, he likely did not hear much from him either. The only thing he expected of him was to turn in his paper work, (probably should have warned him about them taking a blood sample), and getting the phone taken care of. By all means if Noctis showed up with a job and a place of his own Cor was likely to let him take off on his own without question. At least that was the sort of mood the immortal was in. Three days to heal, sleep in, and pout like a child.

He had gotten up early, prepared something of a breakfast, leaving an egg sandwich for Noctis on the stove. Having already eaten he spent several moments sitting at the table elbows resting on the surface with his head in his hands. 'Don't let your bullheaded pride get the better of you, Cor.' he breathed out slowly. Head sliding a little further down as he rang his fingers through his short hair. Muttering softly under his breath with is eyes closed. Quiet prayers, not that he did so often, maybe no one would listen. But just maybe a particular old king (or two) would hear him. Dampening his lips Cor pushed himself to his feet and moved toward the boy's bedroom.

First a knock, the rap of his knuckles against the door not to loud or softly. “Twenty minutes your majesty.” he steps away from the door silently. Its early, only the first signs of morning starting to slip through. The birds were beginning to sing in the distance, and Cor rarely missed a sunrise. But this wasn't his focus today.

Cor stifled back a chill from the hardwood floors, still able to feel the cold touch reaching through his socks. All the more reason to go finish getting dressed. Catching if icy gaze staring back at him in the mirror Cor breathed out slowly. 'Go easy on the boy.....' he gives the collar of his coat a firm tug into place. Pressing his palms against the sink he leans forward lowering his head and closing his eyes. His insides feel like they're smoldering again. 'What would you have me do then?' A slow flow of air through his nose and Cor steels himself. When he leaves the bathroom he is almost surprised to find Noctis in the kitchen though it does not show on his face.

Maybe there isn't much to say as the two step from the apartment into Cor's vehicle which pulls on to the road as if on auto. He's driven this road more times than he can count or more than he would like to. “Praesidio District.” Cor finally speaks after the silence grows too thick to breathe in and the distant shape of buildings become closer. “My office.” he tips his head in the direction of the main building, but turns down another street leading them to another. The parking lot surrounding the next one-story building was empty and Cor pulled up front putting the car into park and stepping out. His steps were steady and he did not detour as he headed into the building expecting Noctis to follow.

As he stepped inside Cor bent down to take off his shoes leaving his socks on and nodded for Noctis to do the same. Rubbing his hand along the wall he caught the light switch and flipped it through the room remained dark for the time being. A deep soothing breath passing through is lips and then from his nose.

“Three days.” He nods his head, back still Noctis. “Now, listen carefully. I do not mind if you live under my roof but there are rules I expect you to follow as an adult. Respect, mostly. You will be home before ten, and you'll eat your vegetables. Most importantly if you know what's good for you do not put words in my mouth.” for a moment Cor's voice dipped into warning before becoming smooth again. The odler man flicked a wrist over as the lights lit up and reflected off the glossy smooth wooden surface of the floor. Cor picked something up and gave it careless toss toward the floor at Noctis' feet without even a shift in his appearance the picked up another. Resting the king's feet wooden broad sword, while not quite the engine father its size and weight should be close enough.

Cor wasn't waiting. He chose a long wooden katana and flipped it over thrice in his his hand before preparing it backwards in his left with his right hovering over its hilt. “Now, to work out some of that frustration of yours.” he slid one foot forward slowly. He would wait to see if Noctis attacked first. Perhaps he should have given him the rules, considering they were using ordinary practice weapons he assumed the boy wouldn't warp, but if he did that wasn't to say he wouldn't be ready to deal with it. And if Noctis didn't come at him well there wasn't any talking out of this one.

Cor stepped forward and started with a powerful diagonal slash which would be easy enough to defend but the the strength behind it was enough to serve as a warning. He was serious. Taking a step back he made a few more strikes toward the boy before picking up speed. If any of his hits managed to land Cor had a way of containing his strength, it wouldn't be enough to cause any real harm, but more than enough pain to get his attention. Another few test strikes followed.

I can't feel anything
------------------------ this life has left me cold and damned -----------------------
Abort?

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Peri~
Mysterium
Race: Human
Job: Hunter
OOC: KittyCatKilala - Standard Pacific - Offline

Twenty
Male
Human
Hunter
KittyCatKilala
When the night has come and the land is dark. And the moon is the only light we see. No, I won't be afraid. No, I won't be afraid. Just as long as you stand, stand by me. And darling, darling stand by me. Oh, now, now, stand by me. Stand by me, stand by me. If the sky that we look upon, should tumble and fall. And the mountain should crumble to the sea. I won't cry, I won't cry. No, I won't shed a tear. Just as long as you stand, stand by me. And darling, darling stand by me. Oh, stand by me. Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me. Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me. Oh, now, now, stand by me. Oh, stand by me, stand by me, stand by me. Darling, darling stand by me. Stand by me. Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me.
The past three days hadn't been easy for him. In fact his mood had gotten a lot worse as the days went on. Perhaps because of some anxiety over what it was Cor had planned for them. As well as whatever, zero nine hundred hours meant. Still, he had done what he was told. The form was signed and looked over, though part of him wondered if it was really a good idea to use his real name. He had been keeping a low profile since Insomnia's fall, only accepting being the crown prince when someone recognized him. Which didn't happen that often, thankfully. Still it was Cor that filled it out so it was likely he knew what he was doing.

The map had helped in learning where everything was. He took the papers where he was told though was not happy about the surprise blood test. Why didn't Cor tell him they were going to prod him with a needle? Was that even a good idea? This whole thing was stupid. At least his phone was working again with a new card in it. This allowed him to spend a lot of his time playing with it in his room. Cor hadn't attempted to really talk to him since that second night. Something he was both grateful for and also a bit upset over.

The marshal wasn't hounding him about moving forward. It was better than the treatment Gladiolus had given him. But he also was left alone... with his own thoughts and that was more often harder to deal with. Even if his shield kept ragging on him to get over it, at least he was still there. The nightmares continued to get worse as well. Always visions of his friends dying before him, and he being unable to save them. It was hard and he felt himself getting more upset and frustrated. At himself. He couldn't even put a ring on his finger. What was wrong with him?

The night had woken him again from another dream. Noctis laid in bed, curled up and wanting nothing more than to see his friends. He would even take Gladiolus's scolding if it meant he could see them again. The soft sound of birds meant it was likely early morning compared to late at night. Rolling over and going back to bed was preferred but his mind was still not ready to return to whatever was to come next. That was when the knock sounded, causing him to flinch as he was told to get up. Right. It had been three days.

He remained in bed another minute or two, not wanting to do whatever it was the Marshal had planned. But he knew he also couldn't say no to it either. At least not without some kind of consequence for it. Giving a sigh of defeat, he pushed himself up. Sleeping wasn't being pleasant right now anyway. The prince pulled on his clothes before heading out of his room. The closed bathroom down meant Cor must have been there so he turned to the kitchen for something to eat. Finding the egg, he made a sandwich and sat down at the table to eat it.

Taking care of the plate after, he followed outside to the car quietly. There really wasn't anything he wanted to say. Well besides maybe what the hell they were doing. They were going to his office? What for? Ugh. What was the point of this? If he was going to scold, he should just do it already. Why did they have to go all the way to his office so early for that? His arms folded against his chest in annoyance. The tension was uncomfortable.

They reached the building pretty quickly. Hopefully this wouldn't take long. Noctis stepped out of the car and followed to the room. What? Shoes? Fine. Rolling his eyes some, a hand pulled his boots off and set them near the others. It was dark so he couldn't really tell where exactly they were. But it seemed rather spacious? What the hell were they doing already? He wondered again, giving an annoyed sigh.

There it was. The scolding. Nothing he didn't already expect. "Got it.... Can we go now?" The kid asked, understanding the rules he was given. What he didn't understand was why they had to come all the way here to say it. What happen next did confuse him. Mainly the wooden sword that was tossed to his feet. What was that for? Wait, working out frustration? What was he talking about? A hand picked up the wooden blade as he tested the weight of it. It was very similar to his own. Now Cor had one?

That stance... he wanted to spar? Really? The prince wasn't in the mood to show him how well he could fight. Did he already know the answer to this? "Why are we sparring? I'm not in the mood to train, Marshal." He voiced his thoughts on it. However, the other didn't back down and soon was on to him. Ugh. Fine. He could play along. Half readying himself, the sword was raised to defend the slash. But it was enough to make him stagger as he wasn't properly ready for it. The rebound against his hands hurt and he shook one out as a result but he still wasn't into it.

The next series of strikes were also faster than he hadn't been prepared for, forcing him to barely manage himself for being out of it, the last hit connecting against his side. "Sh**!" Noctis shouted at how much it had actually hurt compared to what he had expected. Cor was serious and he wasn't backing down. Fine. If he wanted a real fight, then he would give him a real fight. His stance shifted as his eyes narrowed. Both hand on his blade, he moved to strike him but faked and threw the blade up. He vanished in a shatter of crystal shards only to reappear above where the sword had gone, reclaiming it in his hands as he came back down with a heavy downward strike. Whatever this test was, he would pass it.

Noctis Lucis Caelum
Ty Sophia & Sara @ Shine!

--------------------
user posted image
Praecantius

Lifeless I live again
So it was as he had thought, the boy's mood hadn't improved, none the less it meant today was going to be interesting. He wasn't going to beg of drag the boy out of bed like a child and had no plans of scolding him either or he may have done it during the car ride. Cor used it to gather his thoughts and try to plan whatever possible tactful approach he could. Once they reached the training room however Noctis would have to figure out his own escape if did not plan on sticking around.

“I am not going to treat you like a child.” he spoke calmly neither intended as insult or warning; only simple fact. As it was he was no longer just a boy so that is where they would start with this little problem of theirs. Regis must have had the patience of a saint, Cor thought for a moment, a be it difficult to say who it was for.

'We're not sparing.' Cor's icy eyes flicked toward Noctis again as he rushed forward. Test strike after test strike, while Noctis may not have realized it, Cor was intentionally warming him up with something less difficult. He shouldn't have, but as if being driven by a different set of instincts, maybe Cor did not notice either. This wasn't life or death at least not as of yet, the marshal couldn't hope to know where Noctis' mood would lead them both next. No more dancing on the ledge though and there was doubt the boy would turn his back on him to simply walk away without knowing if Cor would still strike him or not. To say his plan or trapped worked may be a bit prideful to say. But the crack of one wooden sword against another echoes bouncing across the room brought his blood to life. He managed to contain it.

The boy hissed out, angry, or in pain, the two mixed evenly on his face. Noctis provided himself with a stance and Cor prepared, by 'sheathing' his blade back at his side an instant later. The marshal's watchful unblinking eyes pick up on the first signs of flickering energy confirmed by the feeling of something he could only describe as 'static' in the air. It isn't a new trick.

The older man allows Noctis to bring himself down from and brings the katana upward with both hands to defend from the blow and its following pressure, pressure which Cor instantly uses to his advantage. Removing his second hand from stabilizing the tip of the blade he allows it to dip suddenly toward the floor and jerk handle upward. An attempt to knock him of balance or even send him to said floor was a bonus if possible. Another strike aimed at the outside of the boy's thigh followed by a quick elbow toward his shoulder.

The marshal sprang backwards shortly after his initial attack and slid another foot at least with his socks on the smooth surface (something he seemed to use to his advantage). He 'sheathes' weapon in his left hand again while his right dangles in the air over it like a ready viper's mouth. “Tell me something your majesty.... what are you?” Cor's voice remained unshaken if not sinking deeper with resolve. Whilst understanding he had likely set the boy up to fail.

“This isn't training.” he finally replied stepping forward quickly to rush at Noctis slashing at his right and then his left, with no real intention of hitting him, followed by a diagonal to attempt catching his sword with his own. If the resounding crack and vibration followed he aimed a slide and quick swipe of his leg at Noctis' legs in an attempt to knock him off his feet on the slick floor.

Again, Cor stepped away more slowly this time his back temporarily toward Noctis as he twirls the weapon over in hand once or twice. Moving to prepare another stance, or baiting the younger man to attack him while his back was turned.

I can't feel anything
------------------------ this life has left me cold and damned -----------------------
Sorry Noctis X'D

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Peri~
Mysterium

Twenty
Male
Human
Hunter
KittyCatKilala
When the night has come and the land is dark. And the moon is the only light we see. No, I won't be afraid. No, I won't be afraid. Just as long as you stand, stand by me. And darling, darling stand by me. Oh, now, now, stand by me. Stand by me, stand by me. If the sky that we look upon, should tumble and fall. And the mountain should crumble to the sea. I won't cry, I won't cry. No, I won't shed a tear. Just as long as you stand, stand by me. And darling, darling stand by me. Oh, stand by me. Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me. Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me. Oh, now, now, stand by me. Oh, stand by me, stand by me, stand by me. Darling, darling stand by me. Stand by me. Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me.
Noctis remained quiet as they moved through the streets. He had no idea what it was they were doing. Though he also didn't know what he wanted to be doing either. Well, actually he knew what he wanted to do but having everything go back to normal before he left Insomnia was out of the question, unfortunately. The prince stared out the window in silence. The crystal chose wrong. He couldn't be the One True King. He couldn't even find the will to place the ring on his finger. Let alone save the entirety of Eos. Everyone just kept making sacrifices for him and he couldn't even do anything to prove he deserved it. Some king he was.

The kid inwardly flinched in his own disappointment. Happy to get out of the car shorty after. Though maybe not as he still didn't know what they were doing. He followed inside the dark room, placing a hand on his hip as he listened to the older start explaining. He wasn't going to treat him like a child but he was giving him rules like one? Noctis didn't follow. He also didn't understand why he had to be dragged here and wait 3 days to hear that. What was the Marshal up to?

A spar... they were sparring. Ugh. Was there a way out of this? Did he dare trying to walk away? Knowing the Marshal, he could very while strike him over the head the second his back was turned. Fine. Noctis wasn't into it and there for his first defended strikes were not that great. Not that it was likely evident he was even trying. However, it seemed the older wasn't going to let him slack as his moves got quicker and harder. The pain that erupted against his side wasn't a new feeling. It wasn't a welcomed feeling either but he had experienced getting struck with wooden blades before. They at least didn't deal any real damage like the Daemons and Imperials did.

Still the hit did strike him in more than just a physical way. His eyes narrowed, preparing to give Cor exactly what he wanted. The familiar feeling of shifting through the air took him as he reappeared above, using gravity to add to his strike as he came back down. As expected, the older defended against him. It was what the older did next that caused him to stagger back from the sudden flick. That was a new tactic. The sting of his thigh getting struck caused him to suck in some air through his teeth not giving him enough time to respond before a hard hit into his shoulder knocks him farther back.

The slicker surface didn't really help him either. He was use to having more grip than this so the sliding was something to get use to. It didn't seem to affect the Marshal at all. Of course not. Noctis rubbed his free hand over his shoulder while he seemingly had a moment. What? What was he? What kind of question was that? The prince wasn't following. But he did grunt and respond. "Tsk. What am I? I'm the prin-..... the king of Lucis." He stopped himself midway in remembering that he wasn't just the prince anymore. As much as he rather he was.

Wait, this wasn't training? Then what the hell were they doing? Ugh, already at him again. Noctis readied more quickly this time. He shifted through one of the slashes, giving him time to defend the other and catch the last with his sword. That moment of feeling like he was doing well... was an accident before he quickly found himself fall and hitting the ground with his back. Of course. The leg sweep. The back of his head ached a little bit from the hit, groaning he pushed himself up a little. "If this isn't training, then what the hell are we doing already?" He groaned, still unaware of the point in the whole thing.

Seeing the Marshal turn his back, sent questions through his mind. Was he done? Or was he baiting? He coudn't tell. Eyes narrowed as he made his decision. Using the sword again, he threw it towards the other's back. Though his intention was more to quickly get back to his feet than actually catch him off guard. Again his body flickered with static before reappearing just before the wooden blade were to touch the other at all. The prince shifted to the right in an attempt to avoid an immediate counter to try and make one of his own. A diagonal strike from the left. Surely there was more.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

--------------------
user posted image
Praecantius

Lifeless I live again
Cor was not careless, whatever arrogance may or may not have been alive within the older man did not matter, he knew Noctis was not to be taken lightly. But maybe that was part of the young king's downfall. Cor knew, he had watched, and he had trained with him and along beside the same men. It was not to say Noctis lacked his own style of fighting but it reminded him so much of Regis at times it hurt. Back when the former king could raise a blade in his own hand and leave enemies at his feet.

It was possible the other man's blade hit him, but Cor did not allow it to show or slow him down if it did. Another part of the illusion or perhaps far too used to the bite.

The prince- King of Lucis. “No. Wrong.” Cor's voice came out like ice in the already cold air. He's wrong. Maybe Noctis isn't ready for this. He begins to consider with his back turned and a steady walk away. Of course, just as suspected the boy still came for him, at least Cor allowed him to appear completely behind him before planning to hit him. The boy is getting frustrated. Good. Cor turns and lunches a forward piercing attack with the wooden katana before his winter-colored eyes jerk to follow Noctis' movement. If it isn't training then what is it? He raises his arm to catch the hard hit of the younger man's sword before following up with and upward sweep of his own toward the boy.

Putting some distance between them Cor raises his blade pointed toward Noctis with one hand while his other shoulder shifts back. 'It is alright, get angry.' his eyes sharpen as they focus on the younger man. “You're unfit. A coward running away. Neglecting the battle. Letting others sacrifice themselves one at a time. What are you? A king sitting atop a mountain of corpses? The chosen, a god among mortal men?” cruel words spoken in order to cut through bone. Cor lunges forward expecting Noctis to defend. Another resounding crack of wooden weapons singing throughout the training hall, again and again.

What are you? Silence demanding answers.

Truth be told he does not imagine Noctis will figure it out on his own. Maybe that too is a part of the plan. Trading blows with the boy, trying to tell if those attacks were harder and more convulsive or were weaker and more unsteady. He expected either, in fact, it is what he hoped for. And he won't let up until the boy can no longer swing that blade of his. Until he has come at him with fire in his eyes and that blade a weapon of rage, sorrow, maybe hate. Or maybe Noctis somehow succeeds in staying composed.

“If you cannot answer. You are no king of mine. Noctis.” he uses the name harshly from his lips though his eyes narrowed and lips drawn into a look of focus Cor does not allow any other hints of emotion to slip through his mask. It is difficult to say how much longer the battle draws on between exchanges of attack and defense.

Cor feigns a lapse in his stance and waits catching the wooden sword in hand before it can reach him. The boy isn't weak by any means but the marshal will not cave. Instead he releases the blade and grabs hold of Noctis' wrist and turns it at an angle hoping to force him to drop the blade. Unless Noctis manages to escape Cor then gives the young man a harsh tug forward before slamming a fist into his stomach, Cor might have held back, but not by much. Still enough to knock the wind from him if not lift him slightly and send him sliding or falling backwards.

The marshal breathes in deeply and watches the young man. “So. What are you?” he waits patiently for now his eyes unblinking. Is Noctis finished or can he still stand. Has anger consumed him or has he started weeping? 'Do you hate me...?' he slowly steps forward.

I can't feel anything
Sorry Noctis X'D

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Peri~
Mysterium

Twenty
Male
Human
Hunter
KittyCatKilala
All of this was pointless. It wasn't like he could fight to take back the crystal here anyway. So why did he need to train? Why did he have to prove how much he had improved? Why did it even matter? His life had changed. The easy and simple style had turned to just getting worse and worse.

When he first was told of his new role as the chosen king to save all of Eos. It was exciting. He was going to be a hero like in all the fairy tales he had been read to about. The world would be safe again because of him. But now... if he had known then that it would be so difficult... to live to that expectation... to lose his father... his fiance... almost Ignis... and be the cause of hundreds of homes lost... and an equal number of lives... he would have begged the crystal to choose someone else. He couldn't do this. How could anyone do this? It wasn't fair. He hadn't asked for this. Yet everyone told him he had to. No matter what happened. He had to fulfill his role.

But what happens when he fails?

The blows hurt but he forces himself to ignore the sting. Ignore the heat flaring up at the spot of impact. Keep going. He didn't want to keep going! Every time he did, something else would go wrong! How many more lives had to be lost? He didn't want to do this anymore! And yet... it wasn't up to him because it wasn't for him to decide.

Cor's question triggered again what everyone expected of him. What he was constantly being reminded of. Noctis wasn't just a regular person trying to live his life. He was a prince. Not just any prince. The crowned prince destined to become the One True King of Lucis. Since the moment he was born, he had to take on responsibilities that very few would ever need to. Be held to a standard no one else had. And he was just suppose to accept it because it wasn't about him. How did his father do it? How could he let his life slowly drain away just because he was told he had to, for other people?

He could never be as strong as his father.

The prince mimicked the words that had been told to him a million times. That's what the other wanted, right? Move on, King. You have to for your people. Right now he resented it. Wrong? What did he mean 'wrong'?! What did he want from him!? "Fine! I'm the Chosen King!" He snapped more than he really meant to. He was frustrated. So frustrated. Tired of having to be what everyone wanted of him and disappointed in himself for letting them down.

The fight continues. He dodges the stab with his anticipated shift. His own counter connects with flesh but the other doesn't even flinch and is quick to strike back. Noctis grits his teeth and is forced to move back or face another hit against himself. Ready for another sting if he can't defend the next attack. But this pain he was prepared for.

Cor's words cut straight through him. They compare nothing to the bruises blossoming on his skin. A visible flinch isn't held back as well as he should have. Unfit. A coward. Words that had entered his mind before but they were always for himself. His rage builds. "I'm trying! Damn it! I didn't ask for anyone to sacrifice anything for me! I didn't ask to be the chosen! I didn't ask to be dragged here! I'm trying!" He hissed as he readied again.

Each swing harder and faster as he let his frustration guide him. What did Cor know? He didn't know what it was like! How it felt to know the world was breathing down his neck to succeed. That screwing up meant the end of everything. He didn't know. He didn't know what he was going through and yet he wanted to judge him for what he couldn't control?

What did he want of him? What was he suppose to say? Always pleasing others. Noctis had always figured out what someone wanted him to say. But this... he couldn't figure out the answer Cor wanted to hear. Every hit landed didn't feel satisfying. He just kept coming harder and unmoved. How did he do it? How could he just brush off every hit like that? Was he really that weak?

How long had it been since they started? The prince didn't know. His breath was heavy and sweat roll down his skin so easily. Even his body felt heavy, tired, sore, and numb. The wooden sword seeming to be almost too heavy to lift anymore. And yet the Marshal seemed as composed as ever. Like not a single hit got to him.

A chance. He sees his opportunity and makes for it. The sword raised once again as he readies to drop it down on the other. But again he fails. The sword is caught and before he can even try to free it, his wrist is harshly grabbed and painfully twisted. The sound of the wood clattering to the floor, echoing out across the quiet room marks his loss. He knows it's over and feels himself yanked forwards as the air is painfully removed from his lungs in one hit.

The prince falls on his release to the cold flooring beneath him. Arms on his stomach to try and press the pain away as he tries to catch his breath. But he doesn't make any attempt to get back up. Noctis' body remains on the floor in a heap on his side. Again the question is asked. Blue eyes close tightly, a few tears managing to escape from the corners. "A failure..." His voice shakes to answer, to admit those words out loud. Those sacrifices were for nothing.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

--------------------
user posted image
Praecantius

Lifeless I live again
The chosen king. “Wrong.” Cor's voice echoes a little louder though the empty hall. He knew this would take some time, and that is exactly why they were alone (for probably more than one reason) , it was better this way. But was this the right way of doing it? Funny how neither the gods or old kings came to his prayers and offered any resilience let alone guiding hand. He would take it into his own hands another prayer that Mors and Regis -Astrals bless their souls- would forgive him for the words and actions against the crown. More importantly against the child who stood in front of him.

Trying. It never seems good enough, maybe it never will, but isn't that all anyone is doing? Maybe Cor was doing the same.

The marshal's expression remains carved like stone as their little battle continues to wage. It isn't quite the same as blood-lust but it is something beginning to fume off the boy in a way that Cor can almost see its physical form. A few hits slip past his guard, after all he is not trying to kill the boy and he is holding back, though he wonders that if they do not slightly waver because even if Noctis hates him right now Cor isn't an enemy. Or maybe it is guilt sinking in his stomach and twisting him the Astrals and Kings of Old whispering and telling the 'immortal' to stop. But they are not his kings, he does not serve those who came before his pledge of loyalty and honor, nor will he begin to, and their angry voices fall on deaf ears. If they wish to pass judgment on him they will need to smite him where he stands.

Bruises will heal, cuts and scrapes all the same. It is because Cor knows this that he can push forward. Both himself and Noctis.

In a moment it is all over, after several long minutes of crashing swords and bodies it all comes to a crashing halt with the air jerked from the prince's lungs. The marshal wishes he could say this was the first prince he had physically battered. No wonder the Astrals and Old Kings ignored him, he was a monster, some kind of daemon in disguise. Sure did feel like it, as he watched Noctis on the floor panting out words. A small bubble of anger threatens to breach the surface as Cor steps toward the young man. Defeated. “Wrong.” he answers again this time softer giving the boy a moment to allow the word to sink in or form his own reply.

The Marshal crouches down lying his practice blade on the ground reaching out he gathers Noctis by the shoulders and tries to force him to sit up. First things first. he cracks a potion or two on top of the boy's head. (Of course this could be the start of his first mistake if Noctis decided he was still angry.) 'It hurts like hell. Don't it.' letting his breath steadily flow through his nose Cor's shoulders relax and his hands come to rest on either side of Noctis' face a bit firmly so he can raise his head a little for their eyes to meet Cor's winter eyes catch his own reflection in Noctis' night-colored orbs and for a moment he isn't sure what he sees reflected back at him.

“Noctis.” he finally speaks with an uncharacteristic softness in his voice even though is mouth is dry. Cor slides forward and comes to rest on his knees more steadily and reigns in another deep breath. His brow furrows and his eyes dip downward to avoid the boy's gaze Regis' reflection straight right through him. Along with anyone else who would have judged, mocked, or hated him. “You do have to keep moving, as we all do, not forgetting that you are no different than those people. And that is why you cannot give up on yourself because doing so means giving up on them. And they will never give up on their king no matter what.” he gives a his head a shake. Not what mattered though. He raises his head again.

“You are human. Before everything else. It is alright to question, to doubt, worry, and to be afraid. It is alright to mourn and cry.” he places his hands firmly on the boy's shoulders and gives them a firm squeeze. Gods give him strength. Almost as if driven by some unseen force Cor leans forward slowly wrapping his strong arms around the boy in an uneasy hug almost afraid to close in tightly. Or maybe he wasn't sure how anymore. "You're alright...."

"I promise you are not alone.”

I can't feel anything
q3rewsdf

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Peri~
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.