Add Reply
New Poll

from somewhere out of nowhere, tag: wolfwood
Auram
Race: Independent (Power) Plant
Job: Odd-Jobber
Series: Trigun (Maximum)
OOC: Taxi - CST - Offline

He could see most of the city from up here, in the high-rise that was the Altus District. It stretched out before him, further than he could even see - making it look like the city encompassed the entire world. There was nothing like this back home - even ignoring the water, plant life, and the obvious use of materials other than clay that made up the buildings, just the fact that the city could be so huge and sprawling proved, without a doubt, that he was in an entirely different world. He wondered, idly, if Earth had looked like this. Eyes hidden behind his yellow-tinted glasses, Vash leaned his head back to stare up at the sky.

At least... the sky was still blue.

A strong gust of wind hit his back, blowing his coat forward - then a lot of things seemed to happen at once. There was a shriek, two desperate cries of "SOFIA!", and then, before Vash could even think about what he was doing, he was already leaping over the barrier that separated the public viewing area from the half-mile drop to the rest of the city.

That happened to him often, his body moving on instinct and emotion, and much more quickly than if he'd spent the time to think about it. It was something that got him both out of and into trouble a lot. Like he was now, free-falling off the side of a cliff. He hated - hated - the feeling of falling.

It always brought up bad memories.

But, he had something to do - and even if his mind had only been subconsciously aware of it, he immediately looked around for the young girl he'd come to save. She was only about six or seven, still in the middle of her scream. He knew he had to get to her before the pressure of the fall itself hurt her. With only that thought in mind, he reached out, and out again - long, white feathers (and flesh, and arms, and eyes,) erupted from Vash's right side, encircling the girl, then bringing her close to him, so she was shielded from the wind pressure between his 'arm' and his chest.

Which solved one problem, but presented another. He'd fallen from a height like this before - but he'd had his 'power' to cushion it a bit. With his precious package though, he couldn't exactly fall right-side first, now could he? Which left only one other way to do this. With his left hand, he reached out to the rock face that contained the upper district, digging his prosthetic limb into it to begin to slow their decent. The friction very quickly caused some of the internal steel workings of the limb to creak and shift, and he could tell he'd loose a lot of his finger control with them. But, the action worked - as they fell, the friction eventually slowed them to a speed that was safe to land at, though he still took a decent amount of damage from the force of the impact. It was worth it though, because as soon as they landed, the small girl in his arms began to move.

His feathers retreated back into his body as he set the small girl down next to him, and sat up - painfully, he'd definitely broken some bones - to check her for any injuries.

"Hey there, are you okay?" He asked softly, only to be answered with a wail from the young girl.

That made sense - falling from that kind of height was definitely a good enough reason to cry. He didn't mind it - crying was an expression of life too, after all. Instead, when he'd confirmed that she was otherwise okay, he just slumped back down onto the ground and whined a bit himself. "Aaah, I know! That was super scary! I think I'm about to cry too!"

And he did, because he didn't really have a reason not too, and he really did hate falling. After a little while of that, however, the little girl seemed to finish, and then, with a hiccuping voice, asked him, "Did you hurt yourself?"

He opened one turquoise eye to look up at her and smiled. "A little. How about you?" She shook her head.

"Your name's Sofia, right?" He said, remembering the name that was called when she fell - probably by her parents. She nodded and he sat up again. "I'm Vash, it's nice to meet you!"

Their acquaintance went smoother after that.

"Can't you fly us back up? You have wings, don't you?" She asked him, suddenly, looking up the cliff to a top she could barely see. Vash flinched at that - so she saw that, huh?

He forced and awkward laugh and held up his right hand. "Unfortunately, I only have one."

She turned on him, her hands on her hips and her tone scolding. "You can't fly with just one wing!"

"Yeah, no kidding!" Why did he feel scolded?

The best course of action, Vash thought, was to stay put, since Sofia's parents saw her fall. They'd most likely call someone to come and get them - and that was a better option than Vash trying to navigate this area himself. Sofia agreed that waiting for her mom and dad was a good idea, so he made himself comfortable against a nearby tree to wait. It was a wooded area, with enough tree coverage to not be too hot. It was kind of relaxing - especially with a small child standing next to him, determined to turn his hair into 'standing-up braids'.

notes: sorry it's long and not that much to react to, but i figured I'd set up the whole situation <3 | tag: open!!
Mysterium
Race: Enhanced Human
Job: Wandering Priest / Merc
Series: Trigun
OOC: Dust - CST - Offline

I know some things that you don't. I've done things that you won't.
from somewhere out of nowhere
Only God can create something from nothing. Well his god, theirs, did it really matter? The feeling of being thrown out with nothing to his name closed in around him quickly. This place was too nice to be hell but too rank to be heaven. Not quite how he imagined purgatory either. 'Welcome to being dead, its more f---ing confusing than being alive.' he kept his words to himself while driving the knife along the misshapen hunk of wood in his hands. Shavings gently falling past his knees on to the ground from the bench where he was seated next so someone with a watchful pair of eyes.

The figure slowly began taking shape as the former priest's thoughts wandered from him while his hands continued to work without pause as if completely focused on the task. Auallonia, Salutem, Altus District. He had never seen anything quite like this world or city and was still attempting to wrap his mind around it all. Wasn't as hot for one, but the tall buildings, the lack of rarity in green.Couldn't say he hated it; not that he could say he liked it either.

Raising the wooden figure to his mouth he blows off the remaining dust before rolling it over in his hand and admiring the craftsmanship, far from perfect and still very 'rustic' looking, but handing it to the man next to him Nicholas raised a brow while waiting for the final verdict. The man looks it over, laughs while grinning, and then passes Nicholas a paper bill while thanking him, saying his 'daughter will love it!' The former assassin wasn't sure if it looked more like a dog than a pony...but if this guy was happy he wasn't about to turn him away. A sort of oddity to be commissioned like that, but the man had been waiting there perhaps just as bored out of his mind when he noticed the man cutting away. The two of them had been sitting on a bench along the wide pathway built into the earth which rose to hold up Altus up.

Wasn't much but it helped. After waving the other man off Wolfwood lazily reached into his coat pocket and found his last cigarette and groaned sliding it from the package and peeking inside as if to be sure. 'Da**' he tossed the empty carton into the can next to the bench. Guess he would have to decide which was more important... eating or smoking tomorrow. Leaning back his form began to melt along the bench before a scream jerked him from his thoughts. Whirling around the man was on his feet in an instant, the punsiher in hand his hand reaching to claw off its usual dressings. Looking around and finding no immediate danger his senses directed him upward and to the side to find-- Woldwood's eyes flashed wide as his hand loosened almost dropping his weapon. Those outstretched feathers and blur of red.... Surely it couldn't be...

The man's legs were already moving in that direction by the time his focus already kicked into gear. Slinging the cross-shaped bound object over his shoulder he darted in that direction as quickly as he could, though wincing as the form continued to fall toward the ground. Muttering and chewing on his cigarette he nearly tripped as the stairway curved. Not to mention while wounds were healed he still felt ridiculously sluggish and sore from time to time. Or when was the last time he slept?

Coming to a stop he placed his hands on knees and panted heavily. “Fuu........g.....ugh...” eyes flicking to the side he noticed some people rush past him while looking over the railing and continuing. It wasn't hard to piece together as he slowed his steps. The child's parent.. eyes trailing after them. He slowed his steps and slipped easily down a second alleyway once they reached the ground. Finding cover in the shadows he listened to the nearby voices of a child reuniting with her parents. Somehow making him feel weaker in the knees. His voice likely to follow. He wasn't entirely sure if it was elation or more weight threatening to drag him down. Gently setting the cross down and leaning it against the wall as he came out sort of behind where Vash and the girl with her parents were he watched behind dark sunglasses. He didn't want to interrupt the little reunion but the moment it was over his throat felt dry.

Fallen angel. He felt so small again.

Approaching quietly he pressed two knuckles against Vash's lower back (assuming the didn't move away fast enough). Bang." he breathed out and paused for several moments before managing to speak again. "You still trying to die for everyone else?" he swallows trying to keep his voice steady if not cold. "Tell me you didn't die.... Tongari.”

Tongariiiii!!!! OK he is a mess rly. this is a mess too forgive me X'D

Auram

She had gotten through most of the golden strands left in his hair, when the familiar shouts of 'SOFIA!!' were heard from around the corner. The little girl broke away from him immediately and began rushing in that direction, calling 'Mommy!' and 'Daddy!' until they came around the bend and she tossed herself into their arms.

Vash stood, just a little shakily from the fall. His bones were doing their best to mend, but he had a feeling he was going to be feeling it for a while. At least he didn't think he was going to get any new scars from this.

After Sofia parents very diligently checked her for any injuries, they turned to Vash with almost equally concerned looks to ask if he was alright as well. Vash just grinned and gave a thumbs up. "Don't worry about me! I'm a lot sturdier than I look! Ahaha-" Crack! One of his bones made a pretty objectionable noise just then, and Sofia's parents were staring at him in horror. "I'm fine, really!"

It took a little more time to convince the parents that, though he appreciated the thanks (really), he didn't actually need anything in repayment and, mostly, he just thought Sofia should go home and rest since she's had a long day. That got them to relent, and, with her father carrying her safely in his arms as the family walked home, Sofia gave Vash a big smile and waved, 'Thank you, mister!'

Everything about Vash's demeanor softened - though it was really unlikely that anyone could have seen he was tensed before - and he smiled. The kind of genuine smile that was actually rare for him, despite the fact that he usually tried to keep a cheerful expression. A smile that wasn't empty.

“Bang."

And Vash froze - it was like the world dropped out from under him, or at least his stomach did. It was worse than falling off that half ile tall cliff just now. Because - it couldn't be. He knew it couldn't be, because people didn't come back from the dead. Vash knew this more intimately than anything else in the world. He spent over a century and a half watching people die, and none of them ever came back. It's why he did so much to save people.

But, he hadn't been able to save him. His friend. He'd known it from the moment he'd felt his body during the fight at the church - the damage there really was no coming back from. He knew it when he was sitting on that couch with him.

He knew when he buried him that he would only ever again see his friend in his dreams, just like Rem.

But there were hard, solid knuckles digging into his back now - and that horribly familiar voice saying, "You still trying to die for everyone else?" Vash felt himself choke up. No. He was wrong - the one with that kind of resolve was...

Please... God...
Please just do me this one favor...
God...

"Tell me you didn't die.... Tongari.”

Vash whirled around, "How can you even say that to me?! You're the one who died trying to save everyone by yourself!" He was crying now, which didn't really matter, staring up at Wolfwood - Wolfwood - while looking a complete mess, covered in dirt and with the last lingering patch of blonde in his hair twisted up into quickly unraveling, lopsided braids. "You insensitive priest!"

notes: ;_; | tag: Wolfwood
Mysterium

What was this place, wrapped in mystery topped off with more mystery. He'd often stare down at the tattoo on his wrist and try to burn holes through it with his gaze. Anger might have been the first thing he felt to know he had been marked by some other so-called god outside of his own. Maybe this was a part of his plan too though, at this point, he was almost willing to accept anything. He needed to accept it may have been the more likely answer. Obsessively he would have driven himself insane trying to figure it out. 'Look at all of these bast*rds, they don't know any more than you do, so stop acting like a baby.' at least that was normally how he found his resolve.

He had decided they were all dead though he had not quite worked up the willpower to ask 'how'd you die?' to any stranger he walked up on. That had to be it though, right? Again something he ends up forcing from his mind with cigarettes and as much booze as he can get his hands on. Which is a painfully lackluster amount of nails and poison. He's broke. He's smoking the same carton he found stuck away in the Punisher god only knows how long ago. If only he had stuck a flask away in there. 'Be thankful for what you've got.'

Another reason this couldn't be heaven, they don't have cigarettes there, neither does hell. Afterlife's a bit*h.

And then there was Vash. He ruining everything within a ten mile radius like he always did. Wolfwood was suddenly angry again and Nicholas was choking back breaths trying to keep his lungs from giving out and struggling to bite back tears and whine like a child. Maybe that is all he ever was though; Just a child. It was hard to breathe again. He had lost his cigarette somewhere between the wall and approaching that idiot. Last one, so you had better be real, wait no- please don't be real....

His brain shorts out and he can't even release the string of curses he had been planning if this dork happened to be really here. Vash whirled around and the other man almost stumbled backwards over his own feet. Staring down at him into those large green eyes he saw his own reflection looking down harshly as if made of stone trying to again pretend he was something he wasn't. His hands slide to his sides unable to find the strength to stay. Yelling up at him and crying like that...it really wasn't fair.. “I asked if you were alive you dumba**!” he barked out suddenly and slid down to his knees in front of Vash now and reached with shaking hands toward Vash's stupid needley head. He could choke him right now! “Tell me you didn't die!” he spat like venom as his hands reached him he grabs fistfuls of the man's red coat and slouches forward weakly.

Releasing one hand he thumps the side of his fist against Vash's shoulder, not strong enough to anything more than 'thump against him. Was everything in vain then? He was okay with dying, insensitive priest, that seems about right. “Tell me you and everyone is safe...” his breath leaves him feeling cold and vacant inside.

Tongariiiii!!!! OOPS I hope this was alright!?

Auram

He'd expected Wolfwood to yell at him, but not collapse like he did. For a moment, Vash thought he was still injured - but then the other man grabbed his coat and began to punch him lightly in the shoulder. Between that and his words, Vash knew instantly, this was grief. Vash knew that feeling pretty well, and after a split-second of indecision (because, this couln't be real, right?), he wrapped his arms around his (dead) friend. Because, really, what did it matter?

"I'm not dead." He said, softly but firmly. It was one of the things he was sure about. He might not understand the reason he was brought here, but he was brought alive and whole. Why Wolfwood was here too, he was completely clueless on. Could the deities of this world, who could bring people across time and space, also bring back the dead?

His instinctive thought was that's impossible, but...

As he held his friend, he could feel the solidness of him against his hand - when, the last time all he could feel was shredded muscle and bone being kept together by sheer will, that wasn't going to last long. He was warm too, unlike that cold corpse he buried... so, then, he was alive?

The thought choked him up a bit, but he just kept talking.

"And everyone's okay. They'd already evacuated December, so everyone's regrouped in Octovern now. The Insurance girls, too. They asked about you..." Vash hadn't been able to tell them Wolfwood was dead, but he thought they knew anyway. He forced a smile, "Your friend even got a haircut. He's a pretty interesting guy... Sorry, I gave him a pretty dangerous job to do, but he seemed really happy about it. He gave me his coin pieces and I finished the case. Oh, and, the ships from Earth arrived. It's kinda nuts."

The way he was talking, he knew, was how one might talk to a grave - the way he sometimes spoke to Rem - one-sided and tinged with sadness. He'd answered all of Wolfwood's questions, except the one that he didn't ask - the one he always did when Vash imagined him. After all, at that time, Vash only had one reason for being alive.

He felt guilty, but he wouldn't feel right not saying it.

"But... I think what you really want to ask me, is if I 'finished' it... And, well..." He chickened out right at the last moment and pulled away, hiding behind a self-deprecating grin, "Actually, I kinda got sidetracked again, but it really wasn't my fault this time!"

notes: ;_; | tag: Wolfwood

Mysterium

He wanted to struggle away, shove off, and scamper away to hide somewhere before his emotions managed to dig themselves up out of their shallow graves. Arms wrapped around him felt like the weight of the world had both fallen down on him and was also beginning to slip away all at once. He feels his arms slide down to his sides for a moment and his breath rigged in his chest. I'm not dead. he finally says as though words might somehow be enough to spark a flicker of belief.What ifs still remained. But for now his brain was so filled with static he didn't mind not having to think about it.

Vash kept talking and the more he spoke the more Wolfwood felt his arms around him the heavier and warmer they felt. He was slipping, he could feel the threads at his seams coming loose. It was nice to hear a familiar voice much less all the questions he could ask. 'Hey don't let go.' He was afraid he might wake up again or maybe not at all. Everyone was safe. Everyone got out in time. Everything was crazy but they somehow managed. Livo... he found himself breathing out a small “Heh.”- like sound though his throat still felt dry. Like spending days out in Gunsmoke's desert without a drop to drink.

Eyes still felt dry too. He wasn't sure if he was thankful or ...wanted to let the threads keeping him together continue to split.

“Ya?” he hummed softly with a weakened smirk. At least when he woke up even if he was alone maybe this was the real answer for everything that happened. Just a silly vision meant to comfort him? He would take it..sure and yeah God if that's your–Kinda got sidetracked. “YOU FU*KING DID WHAT?!” he blurted out jerking his head up to stare into that idiot's stupid ugly grinning face. “Yousonofva-!?” he grabbed hold of Vash's head with both hands one giving a small tug of his hair the other pulling on his cheek in an almost comical fashion. “Tongari!” he hissed through clinched teeth and pinches and tugs a little harder.

“You're really here...” His mind begins to slow, and hands begin to tremble again and the corners of his lips are stretched to reveal clinched teeth as his conviction slips away from him. He stops roughing the other man up and wraps his arms around him tightly clambering and clawing hold of the back of his coat (if he lets him) and buries his face in his shoulder with a whine and hard sobs to follow glasses mushed against his face they couldn't really help him anymore. Loosened threads, he could have probably just crushed Vash under his weight.

He really wasn't sure how long he saved like that before finally letting the poor man go taking off his glasses he rubbed at his eyes with his palms. “You always ruin everything, If this isn't some screwed up afterlife. I dunno why I'm here....why're you here. My head hurts.” he reached up and gripped a handful of his own hair giving it small tug maybe to make sure he wouldn't suddenly wake up. Nope still here this was real. Fuuuu... He slid his knees up to his chest and huffed out resting his knees on top of them. “So ...this place is real...” he then pressed his face into his knees and groaned feeling like a small child again his other hand sliding across the ground to find the tail of Vash's coat. His lifeline right now.

Where does he even start? "I'm sorry..." it seems like a good place. Can they just sit here doing nothing for a little while? Please. While he choked back another sniffle or two and puffed up like a child willing to shout 'I'm not crying!' at anyone who poked him about it.

"Not hell then...what do you think...this place is?"

Tongariiiii!!!! WELP IT HAPPENED EEEYOOO This was probably really OOC ??? Please let me know if it is and i would be happy to try again

Auram

Vash wasn't sure whether holding on to his friend was making this feel more or less real. Wolfwood felt like he was slipping lower and there was a deep panic in Vash that was afraid he was dying - again - though he could see and feel that the man was in much better shape than he was the last time they saw one another. He remembered how after Wolfwood helped him escape from Legato's 'technique', he'd been afraid his friend was dying - only to get snapped at because he was only going to sleep. He thought that could be the case here. Dying seemed tiring.

So, he'd kept up with his answers, feeling the tension in the other man slowly drain, until - “YOU FU*KING DID WHAT?!”

"Ow! Hey!" Vash jerked back a little when the man grabbed his face, causing Wolfwood's vice grip on his cheek to pull harder, distorting his mouth. "I said it's not my fault! Not! My! Fault!" He lisped the protest while trying to pry the hands off his face, while being shouted at in turn. It hurt - but somehow, the fact that it hurt made Vash feel a little better - a little more grounded. A dream or a mirage or something fake wouldn't act this way - not this precise way.

When Wolfwood finally let go of his face, there were tears in his eyes that had little to do with his now-red cheek, though he over-exaggerated being injured, his hand covering his cheek protectively. "I didn't even do anything this time. You're always so mean to me!" He muttered under his breath, rubbing his sore cheek petulantly.

“You're really here...” Wolfwood said, then embraced him, which catches Vash completely off guard, almost as much as the following sobs did. That, though... it wasn't something he was going to mention. They were guys after all, but Vash couldn't help but place a hand on his friend's shoulder to steady him, while his head tipped up to look at the sky. "Yeah... I'm... really sorry about that... Wolfwood."

Eventually Wolfwood himself recoiled from the embrace, which was fairly easy to do. Vash didn't move much, but readjusted himself so that one folded leg lay on the ground, while the other was propped up with one arm resting against that same knee and the other arm braced to support himself from behind. Expertly, he pulled his glasses out of his coat and used them to cover his eyes. He very pointedly didn't watch as Wolfwood curled in on himself, or notice him clutching at the ends of his coat, and his responses to his friend's hazy questions were just equally hazy murmurs. "Isn't that how it always is?"

When Wolfwood said he was 'sorry', though, Vash actually did look back down at him. "For what?" He asked, and it almost sounded sincere, until he immediately followed it up with, "For makin' me get lost in the desert looking for you 'about 300 iles from December'? Do you know how much area that covers?! I woulda had an easier time finding your church if you'd said it was 'dead-center of nowhere'."

Then he huffed and kicked out his bent leg so he could sprawl out on his back and stare at the sky from behind his yellow lenses. "Not to mention your stupid last words to me. You seriously couldn't think of anything better to say than 'smile'? You must be terrible at funerals, you jerk." His voice wavered a bit, but he wasn't crying passed his glasses yet, so success.

At the question of what this place was, Vash thought for a moment, then answered, "I dunno. Another universe? Another dimension? Does it matter?"

notes: he's not gonna let you off that easy | tag: Wolfwood
Mysterium

I know some things that you don't. Done things that you won't.
Here he was, crying like a child, sometimes he had any right to wonder which of them was really the 'kid' here. Nicholas did not think of himself as wise but he had seen so much in such a short span of time. 'You've seen no end to it either, right Tongari?' they hadn't gotten much time to really speak about what Vash was, in detail, they hadn't gotten to really talk about what he was either. Maybe they never would in detail trying to spare the other some pity or worry. In the end it was almost like each could simply detect it in the other. 'Maybe we're not so different after all.'

As twisted as it was he was glad to have him here. Selfish, he's sorry about that, but let him have this just for a little while. “Like you got any reason to be sorry for.” he breathed out, his heart still hammering away at his ribs as if crying to find a crack to push through.

He's solid and he isn't going anywhere too soon. Good. He let him go only fearing he might quickly change his mind, would it be so wrong, he could probably stay like that for hours. He could likely cry for twice as long too. He never cried so why did it come so easily now? Knowing each of them were safe, this wasn't just some dream to torment him for his sins, they were both as alive as the other was. Face resting in his knees now he manages a faint smirk. “Maybe.” he replied softly his throat feeling dry.

For what? Breathing deeply through his nose he opened his mouth to reply only to have Vash carry on. Oh.... Eyes darted away. ”You weren't supposed to show up, but you already know that...” he halfheartedly replies in a low rumble. Eyes drift back over to the man sprawled out and a breath steadily presses itself past his lips again, trying to remember to keep breathing, he felt a bit lightheaded still. Reaching up to adjust his sunglasses he let his legs uncurl slowly in front of him and then lying back he folded his arms under his head and closed his eyes. “I am...a bit foggy on the details. Yeah, I never get hired for anything too sentimental.” he comments, as a joke though his voice is a little more dry than he wanted. And yet he is the sentimental fool.

Does it matter? 'Like hell it does, not like you'll let yourself off that easy, things half-finished. Choice or not.' His eyes linger over on the other man silently before he looks back up at the sky. “Leave it to you to find ten kinds of trouble no matter where you are.” he commented in a more normal-sounding tone before another small sigh. “To somehow make even this feel like home....” he glimpses away again trying not to let the thought sink in or dwell for long. “You been spending this whole time jumping off cliffs?” a small grin tugs at the corner of his features.

Tongariiiii!!!! X3

Auram

“Like you got any reason to be sorry for.”

Vash didn't respond - it wasn't really a question anyway, even if it wasn't true. Vash had so many things to be sorry for, too many to ever have a chance at redeeming them. But, he was sure Wolfwood knew that, so bringing it up wasn't going to help anyone.

”You weren't supposed to show up, but you already know that...”

"I would have gone with you, if you'd told me, but you already knew that, too, didn't you?" He responded, in kind, his voice also low. He remembered the day he discovered Wolfwood had run off, and it had only taken a moment to figure out the only place he could have gone, with Knives' ship on the way to December... "Did you really think I wouldn't show up?"

Wolfwood muttering that he was foggy on the details surprised Vash. He didn't know why it never occurred to him to ask about that - Wolfwood had seemed sure he was dead, but that had been an obvious conclusion far before his final moments on that old couch. Quietly, Vash whispered back, "You don't remember it?"

He wondered if he should say anything about it then. It was a painful memory, so maybe Wolfwood was better off without the details. Some part of him, however, knew that he was only shrinking away from the thought because the memory was painful for him. It was something he'd done before, and it ended up being one of his biggest regrets...

Laying on his back, staring up at the sky, Vash felt a little sense of peace when Wolfwood taunted him about finding trouble and throwing himself off cliffs in a way that felt almost normal. "I've been trying to avoid it1! It's not my fault trouble likes me so much!" Vash answered immaturely, with petulant frown. "...At least I don't have people after me in this world. I can just be a normal person, and no one can tell the difference." Even if he was far from normal.

notes: sorry for the long wait and kinda lame post here, i'm trying to get back into the swing of things | tag: Wolfwood

Mysterium

I know some things that you don't. Done things that you won't.
God he needed a cigarette, but God probably wasn't going to listen to that request. Maybe some booze too he would really like to get wasted right now, Vash too, they could drink until nothing made sense and everything was upside down and swirly. Only he was broke and so there weren't any booze. Death-life sucks too.

Wolfwood breathes out a slow heavy sigh like the air is being squeezed out of him. “I don't know... I thought it was best to keep you away, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, can't say I'm not glad you did.” he could remember, flashes of gunfire and explosions in his ears, neck forced back and eyes watching those kids eyes widen in horror. He almost lost them all. But he didn't. “I'm thankful....” he starts out strong and then slowly leans his head forward on his knees again. “But I put you through hell in the process...” a pained smirk twists his lips which he soon pulls inward to dampen.

The former priest rubs one hand through is messy hair while the other still finds purchase in Vash's coat tail. Not wanting to risk letting go just yet. “Pieces. Sometimes I want all the details sometimes I don't. Got hit in the head too many times, maybe.” he chews his lip. “I remember our drink together.” he admits with his voice soft almost as if speaking fondly of it, though he isn't entirely sure how to hold the memory. It is also a bit blurred and distorted, like having actually taken a few too many hits, but he was sure it would become clearer with time. As long as he could focus on that and the stuff Vash confirmed... he was sure he would be alright. He hoped.

Lying back on the grass he felt so small but chose to try and ignore it for now. He had already cried on Tongari, what was the point in trying to uphold any sense of dignity at this point. Fu*k it. It was kind of nice to feel so care-free, as likely temporary as it would be, might as well enjoy it. A grin sweeps his features as he listens. “You and trouble....sounds about right. Might not believe you were real still, if not for something to painfully you.” he snickered folding one arm behind his head. Stupid Tongari.

As he continued to listen Wolfwood's smirk faded and his features softened. 'Normal...huh?' his fingers twitched. Vash wasn't human, and Wolfwood was.... well he really didn't have a word for it, but it was still there. He resisted the urge to lift his hand and stare at it. “Live a normal life you mean?” almost sounding unsure a moment before closing his eyes. “I dunno....what in the hell is normal anyway Tongari. I mean...I kind of like you as whatever you are.” he mumbled without thinking before instantly heating up and shaking his head.”Don't you fu**in' dare put any more thought into that!” he barked and jerked his head away.

Da** it. It was all Vash's fault, getting him all sentimental, he should choose his words more carefully. Then again he was a child, ya screw you Vash!

Tongariiiii!!!! You're perfectly fine!!! Feelings are hard man. LOL It was honestly meant non flirty, but then i figured welll maybe could be taken wrong, so he's upset oops he digs his own holes honestly.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.