Add Reply
New Poll

Haunted, Open
Vitreus
Race: Human Shifter
Job: Hunter
Series: Final Fantasy VII
OOC: Honey - - Offline

Vincent was a ghost most of the time. The only person he really went out of his way to keep in contact with was Cloud. He was also the only one who knew where Vincent lived. He'd salvaged an apartment in Midgar's ruined sector six and Reeve was making sure he had electricity and water. He made a good life for himself in one of the few remaining apartment buildings, but something felt off as he closed his eyes to sleep.

This dream was completely different from any dream he'd ever had before. Firstly it felt far too real, and secondly there was no scenery...just darkness. He saw the hazy image of a young woman surrounded by a glowing white mist that wouldn't fade. No matter how he waved his hand the mist hardly moved; he blinked as she stopped him. Please. He heard her ask, her hand poking through the mist, cupping something. A large diamond lay in her palm, glowing softly with a faint lavender light. He felt the weight of this decision, this felt like facing down Omega all over again, heavy with purpose. With little further hesitation he reached for the gem and grunted in surprise as it disappeared. It instead embedded itself in Cerberus' grip.

Thank you...knight Valentine.

"How-? NGH!" He hid his eyes as the mist began to turn into light, blinding him. When Vincent lowered his hand he was standing on a dock, unsure if he was awake or asleep until he began walking. The sea spray wet his face, the night was cold, and Vincent was staring up at the skyscrapers of a city he was unfamiliar with. Here I go again...getting myself into situations I shouldn't be in... With a heavy sigh he continued into the city to explore...and find a place to put down roots.

That was a few weeks ago.

Vincent had found an old warehouse, run down and forgotten in the back of the shipping yard, the foreman's office was suspended above the storage floor. Catwalks laced the upper space of the concrete building like a huge spiderweb, but Vincent had made himself a nice little living space here. The office was made up of three rooms, which he had turned into a living room / kitchen area, a crafting area and a bedroom. He could easily move his makeshift work bench into the main room if he had to, but he had to make his bullets and clean his guns somewhere.

All along the catwalks he'd set up targets like a shooting range, after making sure no one could really hear his weapons...that is until they got closer.

He had been occupying his time this evening after being in the wilds hunting with the range, when one of his alarms (a small bell on a tripwire) went off. He froze, glancing over at the bell to decipher which trigger had been set off. He holstered Cerberus and moved along the catwalk quickly to reach the crafting room, some of the monitors and cameras in this building still worked. He wanted to see who had entered...most people just thought this warehouse haunted and wrote off the noises.

He had a feeling he was about to be found out...

Honey Posts ; Vincent Valentine
Auram
Race: Independent (Power) Plant
Job: Odd-Jobber
Series: Trigun (Maximum)
OOC: Taxi - CST - Offline

Vash had not been in this world long - but it didn't take him much time to adapt. He was used to wandering from place to place, after all, and over the century and half he's been alive keeping up with strange changes in human culture and technology was just another skill he had to learn.

Actually, the most difficult part of his sudden relocation was that he had no idea what was happening on his own world - or if his absence was felt there. It had finally been time - after decades of running and avoiding what was inevitable, after all those months langushing under Legato's power while so many human lives were lost, after everything - he had finally been ready to confront his brother.

And now, he was so far away from there - impossibly far from that fight and his brother, and all the people... And he felt terrible, because part of him was a little relieved. That thing he'd been dreading was put off once again...

He hadn't run away this time, but he still managed to find a way to avoid his responsibilities. Wolfwood would be pissed.

As he walked through the forgotten areas of the Rivis District, thinking about his dead friend, he remembered something he heard in one of the bars on the more populated side of the area. A low murdered warning to stay away from the area, because it was haunted by the souls of those who died in a shootout years ago.

Vash didn't believe in ghosts, though he wished he did. He thought the idea sounded comforting, even if most 'ghost stories' were rather gruesome tales. The idea of an immortal soul - life after death... But, it wasn't true. He had, after all, been to many blood-soaked placed, graveyards, massacres... hell, if souls could haunt, he knew of about 200,000 people who would have every right to haunt him to the grave, and he'd have welcomed it.

But, people don't come back from the dead. When a life ends, it ends for good. That's what makes it so precious.

Which is why it was a bit surprising that Vash really did hear gunshots coming from one of the warehouses. Well, that's spooky. Of course, this 'ghost' had a very unusual gun on it. One shot, but three bullets? A few more faint shots lead Vash closer to the warehouse in question, as well as confirmed a couple of more things for him. One: he didn't mishear - three bullets were released with every shot fired. Two: it was a revolver - though a really, really weird one - firing six shots, 18 bullets, before reload. And three: yeah, there was no way this was a ghost. Ghosts didn't reload.

Curious, despite himself, Vash slipped his way into the warehouse he'd identified as being the source of the noise. Yep, a gun had definitely been fired in this place - he could smell it in the air. Another point for it not being a ghost.

He was just looking up at the interior of the warehouse, which seemed to have been turned into some kind of firing range, when he felt one of his legs hit a tripwire set up near the entrance. It seemed he'd stumbled into something once again... Oh well. In any case, there really wasn't anything else to do with a tripwire except to trip. Which he did. Hard.

"Ow..." He groaned, his face firmly planted on the warehouse's hard floor. "That really hurt..."

notes: hope this is ok | tag: @Vincent Valentine
Vitreus

Vincent stared at the monitors for a few good moments before sighing and shaking his head, standing then swinging himself over the side of the catwalk and landing near Vash. He walked up to the form on the ground then knelt and stared at him until he rolled over. Crimson eyes in the dark flashed as a vehicle passed a window. "Can I help you?" He was honestly trying not to sound as creepy as usual, and Hanzo had been helping him, but in the dark and looming over someone was not the best first impression.

He waited for a response before standing tall again.

"Lucky you didn't trip over another....a few of these aren't so friendly..." Vincent tilted his head ever so slightly at Vash. The gun he'd heard rested on a holster at his side. Three barrels, revolving chamber, thickly padded grip- a magnum from the apparent weight, which would explain the loud discharge. Vincent followed his eyes then huffed, "Don't look so worried...I only really use it when I need to, you haven't given me a reason...yet." Vincent carefully gathered a few of the shells that had fallen, he could reuse them once they cooled. He gave Vash another once over before inquiring about his business here once more.

"Ghost hunting?"

Honey Posts ; Vincent Valentine
Auram

Vash had already concluded, upon entering the warehouse, that the person utilizing it probably wasn't a threat. Admittedly, the idea of there being a gunman firing off shots in an abandoned warehouse everyone thought was haunted had kind of set off alarm-bells for him - but, considering the place itself didn't smell of death and looked more like a make-shift shooting range, Vash come to the conclusion that the guy was just broke.

And, well, fair enough, though if he really was trying to be thrifty, he should really think about not using live rounds.

Had Vash been in a more jovial mood, he probably would have suggested that right off the bat when the man approached - but, being totally honest, his face really hurt. The ground was a lot harder than he expected, and he hadn't done anything to catch himself when he fell, so when he turned over there was a pretty big red spot blooming across his face where he'd impacted.

And the man asks, "Can I help you?"

Laying on the ground, staring up at the man who approached, Vash deadpanned, "Gee, I dunno."

"Lucky you didn't trip over another....a few of these aren't so friendly..." The man continued. Yeah, Vash sure felt lucky.

"Your compassion is remarkable. Lemme ask you something:" Vash said, his voice a strange mix of chipper agitation, though he still didn't make any move to get up. "Have you considered not putting unfriendly trip-wires were friendly people might come walking?"

From his position on the ground, Vash could see the gun the man had - definitely the one he heard, unless there was more than one triple-barreled revolver around. The man seemed to notice him looking at it, since he said, "Don't look so worried...I only really use it when I need to, you haven't given me a reason...yet."

Vash let out a sigh, his face taking on a put-upon sort of expression. This guy really had no manners - which, Vash supposed, could be another reason he was hanging out in an abandoned warehouse shooting a weird gun in the middle of the night, spooking people.

"Well, that's nice and ominous." Vash replied, finally taking that moment to sit up and turn around so he was sitting cross-legged in front of the man who was busy picking up his bullet casings. "And here I was expecting something more along the lines of 'oh no! Sorry my trip-wire caused you to fall right on your face, Mr. Innocent Bystander, I should probably put a sign up or maybe just less trip-wires when I decide to discharge my weapon within hearing range of other people.'"

notes: vincent triggered vash's more sassy attitude?? | tag: @Vincent Valentine
Vitreus

Vincent blinked then his facade cracked a bit. He smiled and shook his head, "You're right...I don't have many wires down, but you did trip the only one that broke." He gestured to the snapped wire. "The others are sturdier...and they're all attached to bells so I know where an intruder is...I'm trying to be less....Me I guess." Yuffie always scolded him for being broody and looming and he'd done it again. He shook his head, "Sorry." Better late than never.

"You remind me of a few of my friends..." Vincent offered his hand to help Vash stand up. "When I moved in this place was abandoned...I fixed it up and made sure no one came by before I set up the range...unfortunately I underestimated how thin the walls are..." He glanced back at Vash. "Most of these are blanks, no powder to be found, but the casings are hard to make." He noticed they were wearing similar clothes too...Vash's red coat matched Vincent's mantle perfectly, almost as if they were once the same style. "Vincent Valentine." He introduced himself after a moment of silent staring between them.

He glanced up at his range and the living quarters therein. "You're the only one who's been brave enough to come in...investigating the ghost claim?...They wouldn't be too far off." He shrugged, he should have died a long time ago. The air around Vincent seemed lighter, he had deemed Vash was not a threat and he could relax a little. "My...roommate is out. You're welcome to stay until he gets back..." Hanzo would not be happy someone found them, but Vincent didn't care. He was used to a large group of overly happy individuals, Hanzo kept him company, but Vash was a breath of familiar fresh air. He had Yuffie's energy, Cloud's wit, and Tifa's optimism in his eyes.

It suddenly made Vincent very homesick.

Vinnie appreciates the sass ; Vincent Valentine
Auram

Vash's eyes widened as he watched the rather foreboding expression on the other man's face fall away slightly to give way for a small smile. This guy was unexpectedly soft on the inside, wasn't he? It didn't even take that much provocation. In the face of something like that, Vash couldn't help but crack a smile of his own. He always really appreciated it when people were nicer than he expected them to be - and the way the other man seemed a little self-conscious about his actions after being called out on them was actually kind of endearing. And, he actually did apologize.

Seriously, he hadn't expected to find quite as nice of a person firing a gun in an abandoned warehouse in the dark - but Vash's live had lead him to far weirder things.

"Yeah, you're kinda an oddball, aren't ya?" He replied bluntly, though the cheerful grin hadn't left his features. "But, you're a good person too, right? That's what really matters anyway."

He didn't have any kind of hesitation with making that sort of claim this early into knowing someone. Vash had met enough people in his life - some amazingly good, some completely despicable, and then most who fell somewhere in between - to be a fairly decent judge of character.

So, with that in mind, Vash graciously accepted the hand that was offered to help him up - though he most definitely did not release it in a timely manner upon standing. Instead, he held on to his hand for the duration of the other man's speaking, moving it up and down in a way that could have been mistaken for an awkwardly long handshake, but was more or less an excuse to get a good look at the guy. Their styles of dress were really similar, which was pretty shocking just by the coincidence. He could also tell that the other man wasn't lying when he said he was using non-lethal ammunition - though that certainly put his earlier sort-of threat into a different light. And here Vash thought he was the only one dumb enough to try to intimidate people with nothing but a bluff and a prayer.

He chuckled a bit at his own thought. Then responded to Vincent giving his name by stating his own, "I'm Vash the Stampede. Nice to meet ya!" He couldn't help but feel a little thrilled to be able to give his name so brazenly in this world. No need to worry about causing a panic here - even if it was still considered an odd name. In any case, he finally let go of Vincent's hand as the other man mentioned he was the first to investigate the strange sounds attributed to the 'ghost' and that people calling him a ghost weren't too far off. "You don't seem like a ghost to me."

He really hadn't expected this encounter to end with - an offer to hang out? That was actually a rare enough occasion for Vash that he temporarily wasn't sure how to react. "I wouldn't want intrude," He began, almost as a default reaction, though when he thought about it more - just discovering this place and the person behind the mysterious 'ghost gunshots' didn't really fix the problem did it? And, since this guy knew he was part of these stories, odds were, he wasn't sure how to correct this issue either. Scratching the back of his head in thought, he figured it would be best to see if he could do anything to help with this, since it wasn't like he could blame the guy for training with his weapon. "But, there are definitely safer and quieter ways to-"

Vash stopped suddenly, mid-sentence, and blinked - his mind rewinding back to the last thing Vincent had said.

Wait a minute...

"Woah, hey, back up... didn't you say something odd just now? Your 'roommate'?" Vash started, his eyes going wide. "Are you saying you live here?!"

That was a whole other problem.

notes: so, blanks would use gunpowder but no bullet which would be safer, but since it's a shooting range I think it's more likely that Vincent is using something like rubber or plastic bullets that can use primer instead of gunpowder to fire, so I went with that - let me know if I need to change anything! | tag: @Vincent Valentine
Vitreus

"You could say that..." Vincent chuckled as Vash continued, nodding lightly. He tried to be a good person anyway. Vash's extra long handshake made Vincent a bit uncomfortable, but he was too polite to pull away. He let Vash look over his rubber casings. "I don't have a way of making them here without spending a large fortune...so I collect them when I'm done." He was enjoying the energy Vash was bringing about....though at the same time it made him anxious. What was going on back home? Was everyone okay? Did Cloud even notice he was missing? He let go of Vash's hand when he felt his grip lessen.

"Vincent Valentine." He introduced in kind., "I should have died so many times it feels like I'm a ghost." He let Vash speak then pointed up when he asked if they lived here. The suspended office above them served as his home. "Yes." He led the way to the stairs. "....You're not injured too badly?" Vincent sighed as they reached the top of the stairs. "I'm used to living like this..." He had squat around before, and in the ruins of Midgar, that was easy. He let Vash look over his firing range, a few of the targets had arrows stuck in them from where Hanzo couldn't get them out of the targets. A few were missing their shafts...blown off by Vincent's bullets.

Vincent led him to the very edge of the catwalk, opening a door and leading him out onto what must have been a loading dock for the upper decks of massive cargo ships. It overlooked the harbor and the city beyond. In the darkness, this was an impressive view. Vincent shrank down to take a seat. "I know how this looks." He glanced up at Vash, his crimson eyes reflecting the moon a moment. "I couldn't get anyone to rent to me." Which wasn't entirely a lie, he hadn't tried any other district, and the land lords here assumed he was a trouble maker. He supposed his attire didn't help. He crossed his arms and leaned on the second rung of the railing, at Vash's knee level. He sighed heavily and watched the water. "Please...keep this to yourself?"

Yes hello my name is Honey and I live in Kansas but know nothing about guns. XD I usually Bow Hunt anyway ; Vincent Valentine
Auram

Ah, yes, the cost of bullets - Vash knew it well. It was the main reason (besides how delicious food was) that he'd taken odd jobs back in his world - which certainly came in handy when he appeared in this one. Of course, even Vash - gunslinger that he was - knew better than to prioritize bullets over having a place to stay.

Admittedly, running out of bullets had caused him a whole heap of trouble and more than a few close calls, but still. Didn't his parents teach this man priorities as a child?!

Speaking of close calls - this man seemed to imply he had more than a few as well, if that's what he meant by 'should have died'. Vash didn't like that kind of language - saying you 'should have died' felt too close to being ungrateful for life, which was one thing Vash couldn't stand. And Vincent saying he feels like a ghost... Vash frowned. "But, the fact you didn't means you're not. You're alive. It's a wonderful thing, so don't say that, alright?"

Then... yep, this weird gunman was in fact squatting in an old abandoned warehouse firing rubber bullets at a make-shift shooting range. A shooting range built in the same place he lived. Vash was at a complete loss for words, so just dumbly followed Vincent up the stairs on his 'tour'. When the other man asked him if he was injured too badly, his automatic response was: "If I was, it's not like I'd get anything out of suing you but bullet casings and..." He glanced at the firing range. "Arrows, apparently?"

Yep, those were arrows. Weird how he was seeing those more often now. With that, he gave a strained smile, "So, I guess I'm fine!" He was, actually, any slight bruising that fall might have caused was healed up before it could even darken. In reality, a little pain like that didn't even bother him anymore - not after spending 8 months in that place - he'd reacted more out of habit than anything else.

He followed the man out onto the sort-of balcony and watched as he sat and stared out at the water. What Vincent was saying was starting to piece together in his head a bit. 'Used to living like this', 'couldn't get anyone to rent to me'... while that last one was probably due to the man's rather creepy appearance, it was kind of obvious there was some sort of dark, horrible, tragic past this man was hiding. Now he felt terrible for thinking all those unflattering things - like how he was creepy looking and had a poor grasp of common sense priorities.

Vash sniffled, and his eyes began to fill with tears. "Y-you poor thing! Of course I won't tell anyone!" Outright crying now, Vash dropped to his knees and threw his arms around the complete stranger. "Were you an orphan? A slave? Part of some weird cult?? No, wait, you don't have to tell me!"

Sniffling once again to try - and fail - to regain his composure, Vash placed both of his hands on the other man's shoulders to brace himself as he pushed back to look the other man in the eye - watery greenish-blue meeting bright red. "It's not too late! No matter what happened in the past, you can still make your own future. You're so young, you have your whole life ahead of you!" He said, tearfully, only just holding back from bawling, "So... don't give up, okay?!"

notes: no worries! i barely know the basics myself! | tag: @Vincent Valentine
Vitreus

Vincent nodded, "I know better than to be ungrateful for my luck, or the intervention of my friends, and other seemingly divine forces. I only wonder why pick me?" He crossed his arms and smiled softly, the more Vash spoke, the more he was reminded of Yuffie, blindly optimistic, full of energy- and then he was moving closer very quickly making Vincent flinch. He was instantly uncomfortable when Vash's arms were thrown around him, but he made no effort to push him off. His face was deadpan and he cast his crimson orbs up at Vash before scoffing.

"I've moved past it....and I'm not that young, I just look that way." He shook his head and sighed softly as he put his own hands on Vash's arms, trying to steady him and calm his sobbing. "I wasn't an orphan until I was well into my twenties taking care of myself, no cult hurt me, just some scientists trying their hands at cheating god." Vincent shook his head. "I'm not a case for such tears, considering the steps I've taken to move on." He watched Vash then chuckled, "You remind me of one of my close friends...I'm glad to have met you Vash." He let his arm fall back to his side, glancing back out over the harbor.

"I don't deserve such emotion over my story." He raised a brow as he then thought out loud, "So, you know the skeleton of my story...what about yours?"

=_= that's his face right now XD sorry it's short and you had to wait so long ; Vincent Valentine
Auram

Even with the concession that he was grateful, Vash still didn't approve of how this man was viewing his life. In a way, he sounded guilty - or maybe regretful? Vash could understand that feeling completely - he felt that way enough times before - but Vash saw life as quite sacred, so he couldn't just let it go like that. Instead, he said, in a rare, serious tone. "I don't think it has much to do with being 'picked', but even if it did," He smiled again, "Life deserves to exist for its own sake. And, everyone - everyone - deserves the chance to do what they'd like with the life they've been given. That's why it's so wonderful!"

Vash could feel Vincent flinch a bit under his arms, but still only pulled back slightly to watch the other man through tear-filled eyes. He'd let his emotions run away from him again - if the red-eyed man's scoff was anything to go by. "I've moved past it....and I'm not that young, I just look that way."

Vash blinked a few times, a few spare tears falling haphazardly onto their legs, then he looked away uncomfortably, "Aha... You don't say..." Of course, he wasn't uncomfortable with the idea that Vincent was older than he looked - and how old did he look, anyway? But the nervousness came from the kind of awkward expectancy there. Like maybe when someone makes a comment like that, you were supposed to say 'Really? Then how old are you?' or something. Vash's honest response might have been something like 'Me too!" But... really... Vash did not want to bring up his age. Even assuming Vincent was quite a bit older than he looked, the chances that he was older than Vash were slim. And that was just an uncomfortable topic.

Fortunately, it didn't seem Vincent pushed on that reaction too much, and instead treated Vash to a short rundown of his history. That was more than Vash had anticipated - and probably more than he deserved - so he focused himself on listening intently, learning just a little bit more about this strange man he'd just met. When the other man began to chuckle, however, it took Vash completely by surprise. Though the shock turned to pleasant surprise when the man explained that he reminded him of a friend. Gently, he rubbed his tears off his face with the sleeve of his jacket, doing his best to hold off on crying any more. He really felt touched though - it didn't seem like this man laughed all that often, and Vash was grateful he got to see it. "... Thank you. I'm nobody special, but I'm glad I was able to remind you of something good at least a little."

The next question caught him off-guard a little, "So, you know the skeleton of my story...what about yours?"

"My story?" He echoed, but even thinking about his past that way didn't seem right. It wasn't really a 'story' so much as it was a long life filled with both peace and tragedy, love and pain. He couldn't even begin to think of where to start, so, instead, he deflected, the bright - if hollow - smile returning. "What makes you think I have one?"

notes: <3 | tag: @Vincent Valentine

Vitreus

Vincent started to find Vash increasingly endearing. He had a feeling there was much more to his character that he didn't want to speak of, and that was fine. His words were warm, and he spoke from a place of experience apparently. If his tone was to be believed anyway. His gaze softened and he shook his head slowly. "You have a point." He sighed and wiped Vash's tears, "I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being pessimistic, it's mostly my tone of voice....I've been told similar things by many." He watched Vash just a moment longer before glancing down at their closeness and then back up at him.

Without another word he took the smallest scoot backwards, just to give himself some space. Not that Vash wasn't a good guy, but Vincent couldn't stand the feeling of being smothered....thirty years in a coffin could do that to you. He got the distinct impression that the comment about his age struck a cord with Vash. "We aren't so different are we?" Vincent tilted his head, "You don't have to explain if you don't want to. There are too many coincidences in our exchange I was just curious as to how many." He shrugged, standing and offering his hand for Vash to stand as well.

"You're also not very good at hiding that you're thinking." He took another glance out over the water. "I don't think I'll be living out here much longer. Something feels like it's about to change I can't quite describe it...but it feels positive." He double checked his prosthetic and made sure to tap each finger to his thumb before glancing back at Vash. There was another moment of silence between them, Vincent now comfortably enjoying the presence of another person. "Don't sell yourself short...If my existence is important and unique then yours is too. Unique in your own way." Another long pause.

"Thank you Vash."

Vincent likes you Vash lol ; Vincent Valentine
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.