Add Reply
New Poll

Azure Dragon, Open
Mysterium
Race: Human
Job: Hunter
Series: Overwatch
OOC: Signe - Eastern Standard Time - Offline

Hanzo knew he shouldn’t be spending his money out in this district. This place was supposed to be a new life, a new way to start over again. He’d somehow been given the gift of starting over completely, leaving his old life, his clan, and everything behind. Yet, he fell back into old habits. The ghosts of the past still chased him, even to this place. He was far from home, alone with nothing but his thoughts, and the longer he stayed in this strange place, the more it felt like this was a living nightmare. A place he’d been brought to, somehow, left with nothing but his regrets and himself.

Just as things became too much of a burden to bear back home, here he had to find ways to escape. He cared little for the shows or other entertainments in the streets, but this area had plenty of bars. The types of drinks were mostly unfamiliar, but there was one similar enough to sake to be satisfying. He should have been saving his coin, spending it on things like food or more supplies, but he always found himself wandering here, paying for one too many drinks to wallow in.

Tonight was no different, and once he’d run down his money, he left the bar with heavy steps, wandering back towards the Rivis District. As he walked, however, he could hear what he thought were steps in time with his. Steps walking slowly when he did, speeding up as he crossed streets, and otherwise attempting to match his pace. He’d been stalked by enough assassins to know he was being followed, and badly at that.

He had too much of a buzz to truly aim well, but his bow and arrows were still strapped to his back with his backpack. He could send whoever this was running… He moved to cross the street, ducking down a side street. As the steps approached, however, he turned and drew and arrow, aiming it at the person he assumed had been behind him this whole time.

“Who are you?!” he demanded, glaring as he drew the string back, “Speak now, or die like a dog.”

Mun’s Note: You can totally say your character was following Hanzo or that he was just too drunk to know better. I’m fine either way!

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano
Race: Human Cyborg
Job: Mercenary / Hunter / Vigilante
OOC: Honey - CT - Offline

Genji didn't spend much time in Lumen, he didn't want to be tempted to go back to his old ways, but at the same time he needed human interaction. So he would bounce from club to club, meeting new people, making some friends- since this world didn't seem to care that he was a cyborg, he was a bit more confident about going places without his armor on. He had stopped at the bar of the third club, a bit more of a traditional bar than an actual Club, when he nearly dropped his sparkling water- was that Hanzo at the end of the bar?!

Genji watched him for a while, downing a carafe and a half of sake before his brother ambled out into the street.

"Hanzo..." Genji shook his head and stood, deciding to follow his brother and make sure he made it home...wherever his home was. He put his hood up as a small shower started. As soon as Hanzo turned twice he knew what was happening, Hanzo suspected him. Genji didn't care, and when Hanzo turned, Genji sighed, putting his hands up. "Take it easy...I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just making sure you get home- anija." Genji hoped Hanzo would see him. "Or you can come home with me..."

The dragon bros meet ; Shimada Genji
Mysterium

Hanzo tried to focus through the haze of alcohol. For a moment, the world spun, but he kept his grip on the bow and arrow firm. He would not show weakness, not now. If this man thought he was an easy target, then Hanzo would endeavor to prove him wrong. Even drunk, he was a decent shot, and as they stood there staring at each other, he scoffed softly to himself. It was a hooded figure following him this entire time, and it had even started to rain. If this man was trying to rob him or kill him, he was certain that he couldn’t have chosen a more cliché method if he tried.

”I said speak!” Hanzo demanded, drawing the arrow a bit further back, ”Why were you following me?!” He glared as the man only held his hands up before finally he opened his mouth. The words he said didn’t make sense though… and that voice…

”No… How…” Hanzo started before his grip seemed to loosen slightly on his bow. He seemed frozen in time before he growled and raised the bow again. ”This is impossible! End this trickery at once!” he shouted, his voice echoing off the walls of the empty streets. ”You… It’s impossible! I won’t stand for these illusions!”

The more Hanzo shouted, however, the more unsteady his grip seemed to become. ”You… demon… end this!” His grip slipped away as his bow clattered to the ground. How much had he had to drink? No… no it had to be this man! This illusion of his brother. ”What have you done?...”

That was the last thing he murmured before he staggered to lean against the wall, fighting back the urge to vomit as his vision began going black. The adrenaline was wearing down, and what had been a pleasant buzz was quickly becoming nausea and dizziness. Hanzo slumped over, murmuring Genji’s name as he passed out.

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano

Genji was quick to catch his brother before he could fall. "Easy-! Hanzo...let's get you home." He smiled softly, "You're heavier than I remember." A soft joke to himself as he helped Hanzo to a bus. It would be far easier to help his brother that way. He let Hanzo sleep on his flesh shoulder, sighing softly and shaking his head, this was bringing back memories- Hanzo falling asleep on him after a long exam at school, playing phone games together on the metro as they traveled into Tokyo for a shopping spree....taking care of each other when the clan demanded too much from the boys.

Genji missed Hanzo desperately, this little moment meant more than he could really articulate.

He led Hanzo into his apartment building, Genji would have to leave a note for his landlord about the potential new roommate. He was getting ahead of himself for now though. "Come on Anija...you need rest. And water." He made sure to tie Hanzo's hair back up so if he did get up to vomit it wouldn't end up in the black locks. He set him up on the couch, a trash can beside him so he could puke without wandering too far. "Hanzo...you need to drink something." He let him curl up on the couch as he stood to get a tall glass of water. He sat it on the coffee table and sat down on the floor beside him. He was afraid to leave Hanzo by himself. He took his bow and his arrows and put them aside. "Get some sleep..."

Genji finally left Hanzo to sleep, and in the morning the smell of soy-boiled eggs and lightly broiled salmon drifted through the air. He lay the fish over sticky rice and smirked as he heard the older stir. Genji had slept in what appeared to be Chococat pajama pants and little else. Hanzo could see half his body in cybernetics, the other half scarred, both self-inflicted cuts and the burns from Hanzo's dragons. Peeping noises not far and the scampering of little feet would mark Soba having found her sisters. They ran about like long cats playing with each other's tails.

"You're awake~" Genji beamed. "You were smashed last night."

Honey Posts ; Shimada Genji
Mysterium

Hanzo was not in much of a state to go anywhere. The world was spinning, his vision blurry, and he was half staggering and half dragged onto… something that moved. He didn’t really know what before the world went black again. It was a mostly dreamless sleep until he was pulled back what felt like only a few moments later. As they walked this time, he was sure that he had been found by Vincent. Vincent would have chased that demon away and helped him home, right?... But then the voice kept calling him brother, and each time he heard it, it made his stomach lurch.

”N-No, no more drinks…” Hanzo mumbled, only half aware at this point of what was happening. He could feel his bow and arrows being taken away, and he reached for them, but it was more like a hand reaching and falling uselessly off the edge of the couch. He was soon out again, this time in a dreamless sleep with no interruptions.

The next morning, the smell of cooking food reached him through the fog that was pulled over his mind like a heavy blanket. He stirred with a small groan and brought his hand to his face. He could hear Tsukiko and Haruko… so he must have been home. They wouldn’t have felt safe enough to come out while he was still asleep otherwise. ”Vincent?... he murmured as he tried to force his eyes open, ”What are you-“

He stopped as soon as he opened his eyes and was met with an unfamiliar space. This wasn’t the warehouse, not even close. It was some sort of apartment, and while he was still sleeping on a couch, it definitely wasn’t Vincent’s from the warehouse. He sat up slowly, panic setting in as he looked around. Then Genji spoke, and Hanzo’s head whipped around so fast to stare at him that he hissed in pain. Had he really had so much to drink last night?... Maybe everything that happened was just some dream… this could easily have been an apartment in Japan. ”Genji?... Where am I? What happened?” He paused for only a moment.

”How did you find me?...”

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano

"You're in Salutem, Sylva district in my apartment." He beamed, "I do a little bit of everything to afford it, and I vigilante on the side." He teased, now pulling the eggs from their bath. He peeled them, and then brought Hanzo his breakfast on a little wooden tray. "Eat up. Don't want you being too hung over." He winked, going to retrieve his own. Soba seemed to notice Hanzo was awake now, she peeped a greeting, but didn't approach. She seemed nervous, as if she didn't want to upset him.

Genji came back with his breakfast, sitting beside Hanzo. "I was out socializing and I ran into you at a bar- you were about two sake carafes deep when I got there. You finished off another and I followed you out just to make sure you weren't going to pass out in a ditch somewhere." They spoke in Japanese, which Genji was grateful for. He smiled softly and pat his brother's shoulder. " I couldn't leave you out there." He clicked on the TV for some back ground noise. They ate in silence for a moment before Genji snickered to himself.

"So....anija....who's Vincent?" He grinned, "Make some friends already?"

Mysterium

Hanzo froze as Genji answered his question, feeling like his entire stomach just dropped out of his body. Salutem… so it wasn’t a dream. He was still trapped in this purgatory, and worse yet, Genji was here too. It was precisely what he was afraid of when he’d learned the nature of this place, and of course if some god had wanted him, then another would surely pull in Genji. It was a cruel twist of fate, a horrible trick… and now he was left frozen, staring at the wooden tray his brother placed in front of him.

”Genji… but-“ he stopped himself. He didn’t need to ask how- Genji likely had no better idea why he was here than Hanzo did. He looked around the apartment, trying to get some sense of how his brother was living. As his eyes settled on Soba staring up at him, he tensed. He should leave. He didn’t belong here- not in whatever this life was that Genji had built, and certainly not sitting in his home. As he rose to get up, however, his head ached and he found himself falling to sit right back where he started, holding his head.

Had he really had that much to drink?...

He took a breath to try and steady himself before Genji sat down casually next to him, like nothing was wrong. Hanzo frowned as he looked at him- he seemed… just the same as always. There were cybernetics, of course, but for a moment, it was as if they were seated back in their family home, watching television before training for the day. ”You should have left me… I would have found my way home. I’ve done so before,” Hanzo said simply, glancing at the tray again. Cautiously, he picked it up, but it felt so abnormal to just sit and eat after everything… and he didn’t understand how Genji could just eat calmly, like nothing was wrong. ”I shouldn’t be here.” Hanzo declared, placing the tray back down, but he just put his hand in his head instead. He had such a headache… and Genji’s question was only making it worse.

”It’s none of your business,” Hanzo snapped before pausing. He sighed slowly as he thought of Vincent- he had been so certain that this place would bring Hanzo’s problems right to him, and he’d been right… as much as Hanzo didn’t want to admit it, he trusted Vincent, and his advice. He could at least try… running had only led him straight to Genji again. ”… He is… a partner. A work partner,” Hanzo emphasized that second part after a moment, knowing exactly where Genji's mind would go, ”We share a home. I assumed he’d taken me home again.”

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano

"Nothing should surprise you about this place anymore Hanzo." Genji smirked, jumping up as the tea kettle began to scream. "Do you still like your green tea with a bit of honey?" He trotted into the kitchen to retrieve it. Soba was now brave enough to hop up on the arm of the couch beside Hanzo. She sniffed at his shoulder and made a hissing noise like a crocodile, it wasn't defensive, more like a cat trilling when it met someone. She paused then rubbed her face twice on his shoulder. As if she were saying she missed him.

"You've been making your poor room mate come get you?" Genji shook his head as he returned with the tea. "Hmmmmm a friend that you feel comfortable enough to live with..." Genji smirked, "Is he more than a friend?" Genji laughed at Hanzo's reaction, "That would be a no." He grinned and sipped his tea before returning to the salmon and sticky rice, dousing it in soy sauce and siracha. He happily ate it and glanced up as the news talked about a pair of heroes that had stalled thieves until authorities could arrive- supposedly the work of Sparrow and Chat Noir considering the Shuriken embedded in the concrete and the cords used to tie the villains up. Genji smirked and ran his thumb over his nose.

"I saw you have a hunting license." Genji spoke up, "You always were more patient than I." He beamed, "I do some bounty hunting myself...odd jobs etcetera." He rubbed his neck. "....Where are you and Vincent living? I'll help you home."

Genji being rotten ; Shimada Genji
Mysterium

Hanzo was a bit taken aback by Genji’s response about the world, and by how casually he seemed to be taking all of this. He wasn’t the least bit disturbed, and somehow, again, he had forced his way back into Hanzo’s life. Hanzo wasn’t sure what to feel about all of it- he wasn’t ready for this. He wasn’t ready for him or his casual conversation, and he absolutely wasn’t ready to pretend like he had any right to sit on Genji’s sofa and be served breakfast and tea. ”No, not this place… but you continue to,” Hanzo murmured under his breath, his brow furrowed as he stared into the bowl of rice and salmon, not yet having taken one bite of it. Genji even cooked his favorite meal.

Hanzo’s grip on the chopsticks tightened before Soba appeared to rub her face on his shoulder. He frowned down at her before sighing softly. He was trying. That’s right. Remember what Vincent said… and yet Vincent had never dealt with Genji before. He also doubted that Vincent had to face the man he murdered, who acted like nothing had happened at all.

”How can you take this so easily?” Hanzo murmured after a moment, but Genji was still focused on Vincent. Of course he was… he had always taken an interest in romance over work, and Hanzo had unwittingly dangled a tidbit of information in front of his face. He huffed in disgust as Genji asked if he was more than a friend, looking away and slowly, carefully taking a bite. ”I don’t make him do anything. He comes searching for me. Sometimes. I’ve also woken up in the street or Wilds…” Hanzo replied after a few more bites of his breakfast.

The food was good, at least… though Genji was ruining it with more soy and siracha. Hanzo was tempted to scold him, but his grip tightened on his chopsticks again. That was somehow too normal… it hurt deep in his chest. He glanced over at Genji again before quickly looking back at his food. As the television continued, however, his frown returned.

”Genji… you’re playing hero? Again?” Hanzo said with a hint of disgust in his voice that he couldn’t quite hide. That was precisely what had gotten them into this mess, but of course Genji had been too headstrong to ever give it up. He had forced his hand, forced this burden on Hanzo’s shoulders. ”You are not helping me anywhere. I will see myself out,” Hanzo murmured with a small huff, ”Vincent was generous enough to permit me to share his space. I do not need you dropping in to disturb him just to try and find me.”

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano

Genji only smiled. He sighed as Hanzo continued. "There's nothing we can do to change it. We just need to accept where we are and why we're here, and move on. I'm glad I've gotten a second chance to talk to you with less heightened emotions." He relaxed again, letting the subject of Hanzo's new friend drop. He sighed and shook his head again. "Don't go- not yet." He nodded at his food. "At least finish that, don't let it go to waste....besides I'll find you anyway, you can't hide from me." He grinned, now taking a bite of his salmon.

Once Hanzo sat back down he nodded. "I can do what the police force can't. So I help one of their officers chase down some bad guys, and in my spare time I go hunting or collect bounties." He relaxed and tried not to bombard his brother with questions or requests that he stay. "Hanzo...there's nothing I could say to make you stay with me is there?" He finished his salmon and rice then moved to his tea. "....Can we at least talk a while longer?" He felt small in this instance, he was sure he wanted Hanzo to stay...but maybe if he moved them into a duplex, then Hanzo wouldn't have to leave his friend.

"If all three of us combined our incomes we could just rent a house and share it..."

Mysterium

Hanzo frowned, unsatisfied with that answer. There was no moving on from any of his past. He had been tasked to kill Genji for the good of the clan, then abandoned them as soon as the weight of his duty settled on his shoulders. Now, so many years later, he had discovered he hadn’t even succeeded in killing his brother. He failed the clan, failed Genji, and was left with nothing for all of it. ”It’s not so easy,” he muttered, ”For you, perhaps… but I…” He couldn’t say it, and he simply stared down into the bowl. He placed it aside, rising to leave, but Genji’s words made him pause.

He couldn’t do this, and what good would come of forcing himself to continue? He didn’t have the answer, but he took a deep breath and slowly sank back down in the couch, picking up the bowl again. He was silent, wanting to ask so many more questions, but he didn’t have time to even process them before Genji continued like nothing was wrong. He stabbed at his salmon with his chopsticks before taking another breath and continuing to eat. They would get past this normalcy eventually. They would face what happened, and Genji would see how pointless it was trying to save what was already long lost.

He was silent, only shaking his head in disapproval before Genji asked him to stay. He paused, his shoulders visibly relaxing for a moment. The control of the situation seemed to finally be back in his hands, but he wasn’t sure what to do with it. Every instinct was telling him to run and leave all of this behind, but this was still his brother. ”What can we possibly discuss?” Hanzo murmured, ”I killed you. Or I failed to do so. I’m still unsure which.” He paused and turned to meet his brother’s gaze. He wanted to say more, but the words caught in his throat, and he could only look away again. ”I am the reason you’ve become… this.”

He took another breath and shook his head. ”It would not be like when we were boys. This… normalcy is not who we are anymore. No matter how much you pretend it is.”

fingerprint

star

bookmark_border

Suano

"What is there not to discuss?" Genji tried to keep calm, but Hanzo continued. "Just stop." He finally snapped. "We have a chance Hanzo, don't you get it?" Genji white knuckled his chop sticks then rose to his feet so quickly that it nearly knocked the soy sauce off the table. Soba leapt off the couch as her master's frustration reached her. "We don't have to be what you or the world, or our clan perceived us as, we can just- be! You don't have to live in squalor or stay on the run let me help you!" Genji paused a moment and his brows twitched. "You aren't the only one who failed, Hanzo....I know why you had to do it, I wasn't disillusioned enough to think I didn't deserve it." He paused and sank back into the couch, "I was angry...and hurt, and I have suffered through everything you're feeling."

Genji's voice shook for a second, "I had to learn to be me again, I thought myself nothing more than a robot, hardly even worthy to be called an omnic because I didn't feel anything but anger and pain...at least an Omnic could simulate other emotions." He watched Hanzo. "I want you to be here, I'm not pretending. I'm trying to be open and I want something with you again, just don't cut me out." He was practically begging. "Just listen to me for once, Hanzo. Please..." He swallowed, now realizing how dry his mouth was. "I've come to accept myself, to exist within this vessel and find my own happiness...I want to help you get there too, but I can't if you don't let me."

Genji blinked a moment then laughed, "So this is what Master Zenyatta meant...I must have been the same way..." He ran a hand through his hair. "You're my brother Hanzo...and I love you, I won't stop trying just because you tell me to."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.