Add Reply
New Poll

Thicker than Thieves, CLOSED, Jesse McCree
Suano
Race: Human Cyborg
Job: Mercenary / Hunter / Vigilante
Series: Overwatch
OOC: Honey - CT - Offline

Genji was mapping again. This time by memory instead of his visor. He could use the visor at night, but if he could map Tokyo, Hanamura and eventually Rialto by memory alone he could do this. He tucked his hands into his pockets and made his way down the street, taking in the sights and sounds. He made sure to note any land marks such as stores, parks, statues, even billboards around the district. If for any reason his navigation was compromised he wanted to be prepared. He was just passing the train station when a flash of familiar red and gold caught his eye.

"Nani-?!"

He spun on his heel so fast he about gave himself whiplash. Soba surfaced in the excitement, crawling from her tattoo on his back and perching on his shoulder. She stood to her full height and sniffed the air, as if she could smell anything Genji couldn't. He followed the colors, and Soba danced excitedly on his shoulder. Genji began to pick up speed, lengthening his stride as he now saw the old beat up hat- what did Jesse name it again? Bessie? No, that was what he teased Jesse he should name it. That had to be him! They cleared the crowd and Soba let out a happy high pitched bark as she leapt off his shoulder, flying through the air to land on Jesse's hat and peer down at him with her tongue sticking out. She perked her little ears and curled around the hat's stock so she wouldn't fall.

"Soba!" Genji trotted up behind Jesse with a mock sigh of despair, "There went my sneak attack." He smirked, thankfully the smile reached his eyes since he had a black cloth mask on. It had a little zig zag smile on it. He looked so different out of armor, hands in the pockets of a green and black hoodie. He'd rolled the sleeves up to his elbows, a sign that he wasn't entirely ashamed of his cybernetics anymore. His legs were still completely covered by dark wash jeans with stripes of rips along the thighs and shins. His shoes were white and green with a stenciled Kanji on them that Genji had clearly done himself. He let his mask down to grin at his friend. "I was worried for a second it was just me and my brother from our world here~" He rubbed his neck and rolled his eyes as Soba peeped and slid from the hat to Jesse's shoulder.

"She certainly missed you." He laughed, "Which I guess tells you all you need to know about me too?"

@Jesse McCree ; Here ya go ;3
Suano
Race: Human
Job: Mercenary/Vigilante
OOC: Cee - CDT - Offline

THICKER THAN THIEVES
More lost than he'd ever found himself, Jesse had been roaming since his disorienting arrival early that morning, keeping as low a profile as he possibly could (Given the noisy jangle of his spurs and inevitable tendency to draw the eye). He’d learned fairly quickly that he wasn’t the only bewildered new arrival to this world— far from it— but while there were apparently offices and administration to assist the displaced, he was unwilling to trust any of it until he better understood his situation. Gathering information, at least, hadn’t proven particularly difficult. Usually, all he needed to do was approach the approachable, play the role of the confused outsider (Which wasn’t really a role at all, was it?), and turn his particular brand of disarming politeness all the way up.

So far, he’d collected a handful of halfway-useful answers and a paper guide, which was currently being held open a few inches from his face while he squinted at the tiny map. Suddenly, he'd begun to regret never keeping his reading glasses on his person, though he really only ever needed them when typing up articles. Distracted as he was, the hard thump of something alighting on the crown of his hat made him flinch, his cigar nearly falling from his mouth as the brim slid askew. If not for the prompt appearance of the familiar green face that followed the attack, Jesse would likely have slung the hat off. Instead, his gaze locked with Soba's. For an instant, he nearly went cross-eyed, then heaved out a long, staggered breath, recognition and something like relief washing over him simultaneously. Genji.

Careful not to jostle the dragon perched atop his head, Jesse turned to face the source of the familiar voice. “One of these days—” He began with deadpan severity, blowing a final stream of smoke before plucking the cigar from his lips and flicking it to the sidewalk at his feet, where he ground it out with the heel of his boot, “—I swear, y’all are gonna give me a goddamn heart attack.” Hand clasped to his chest for emphasis, he managed to maintain the somber facade for only a moment or two longer before it broke, giving way to a massive grin. Reaching up in an attempt to coax Soba down onto his serape-draped shoulder, Jesse proceeded to gently scratch beneath her flat chin with a gloved fingertip. ”Howdy, sugar. Missed you too.”

Genji was next. After a single beat of hesitation, Jesse slung an arm around his shoulders, still mindful of his passenger, and swept him to his side in a clumsy hug, though he released him almost immediately in order to give him a more thorough once-over. A faint trace of disbelief still edged his expression. “… You've got no idea how glad I am to see you. Think you can explain all this nonsense to me?” He flapped the unfolded guide for emphasis, then abruptly faltered and backtracked towards the important detail he’d fumbled in his haste to return the greeting. “—Wait, your brother’s here too? Hanzo?" Fleetingly and unreadably, Jesse’s sunny expression flickered, his jaw twitching as though he already missed the cigar he’d just discarded. “… Huh. Well, if that don’t beat all.”
@shimada genji
Suano

"Now you sound like the Commander. Are you going to tie me to the ceiling by my toes too?" Genji smirked, watching Soba purr and loop her tail around Jesse's shoulders. He was all too happy to oblige the hug with a laugh and his arm around the other as well. "To the best of my ability I will try." He paused as Jesse seemed to just now realize what he said.

"Yes, Hanzo...things have changed, more for me than for him. A-as in he is still hurting as I did." He quickly covered, just in case Jesse thought Hanzo was still trying to kill him. He put a hand on his chest. "He still can't just exist with himself, and it reopens the old wounds over and over for him. I'm hopeful that our current living situation will help him heal- and he already made a friend! So I think that will help him as well....no matter how tall or goth he is." Genji smirked. "I've forgiven him, now it's up to me to show him he can forgive himself." He shook his head vigorously and dropped his hands.

"I can tell you all about Hanzo later, and if you need a place to stay I have an extra room up stairs, the goths have invaded the basement." He smirked, speaking of his brother and said friend. "Vincent is quiet, but I think you'll like him; might have to challenge him to a gun spinning show down. He's very good with a three barreled magnum." He shrugged, "I thought it was extra as hell, but anyway- you are currently in the Manus district.-" He gestured about. "This is more like the business district or industrial park. The city is divided into multiple districts like this..."

Genji put his mask back on, without Angela here he was afraid to get sick and no one know how to bolster his immune system. "As for why we're here, I'm not entirely sure, but Soba's tattoo changed...It looks like she's holding a ruby in her mouth on my back- do you have any new tattoos like that?" He glanced to his friend, "There are some old legends and stories I was able to dig up about deities pulling souls from other planes to assist when the world is dying. Each deity marks their chosen with gemstones. Unfortunately I don't know much else, and no one can really tell me." He seemed frustrated by that.

Soba decided to go limp around Jesse's neck, happily flicking the tip of her tail and burying her face in his serape. Genji rolled his eyes and put his arms behind his head. "In some ways I enjoy it here...there's no Omnic Crisis here, no one calls me a robot or stares at my cybernetics. This is the first time I've felt like I've belonged anywhere outside of Nepal..." He shook his head, "I know where our duties lie though, I'm not about to suggest living here forever. Only to enjoy the time you have here, it's given me equal footing to talk to my brother on, we have no history with this place. It's easier to work from a clean slate than one that's been erased into ashes." He blinked, realizing he'd done quite a bit of talking.

"How long have you been here, Jesse?"

Honey Posts ; Shimada Genji
Suano

THICKER THAN THIEVES
Jesse made a noncommittal sound of acknowledgement in response to Genji’s hasty attempt to clarify the situation— whatever he was thinking, he didn’t give voice to it, though something in the glint of his eyes and set of his expression suggested that his suspicions hadn’t been fully laid to rest. Still, based on what he’d been told in the past, Hanzo hadn’t sounded like the sort of man who would easily make friends, at least not the sort Genji would approve of. Maybe things really were different these days.

Maybe.

He did need a place to stay— he’d been wandering aimlessly nearly all day now, and didn’t know how much he could expect the registration center to assist him... not that he was satisfied enough with the information he’d gathered to want to register just yet. Anyway, it would give him a chance to better assess the state of things with Hanzo. It wasn’t that he begrudged Genji the chance to reconcile. Far from it. If it was possible, he didn’t doubt that it would do him some good and provide some closure. Was it, though? Pushing his ever-growing list of questions aside for the moment, he flashed Genji a weary little grin. "... Think I'd appreciate that— as long as you've got the space and neither of 'em would mind it either. I ain't lookin' to be an inconvenience. If it ends up bein' an issue, I can figure somethin' else out." It was a relief to finally have things explained properly, by a familiar face, no less. Removing his hat and dragging a hand through his hair, Jesse briefly fell silent, taking in everything he was being told.

“Tattoo, huh? I ain’t checked. If I got one, I didn’t feel a thing and ain’t noticed yet.” Idly, he turned his arm, inspecting the strip of exposed flesh between the high top of his glove and his rolled-up shirtsleeve, which revealed nothing— later, closer inspection and the removal of his glove would lead to the discovery of a ruby like Genji’s on the underside of his wrist. “... Gods. I sure don't like the sound of that. You want me to help you look into all this?" Nodding immediate understanding when presented with Genji's assurance that things weren't necessarily all bad, Jesse mulled it over, and, after a moment, seemed to agree. "Suppose it'll be nice not havin' to check over my shoulder all the time." His criminal record hadn't followed him here, and neither had the ever-growing number of people determined to see him locked up or dead. He had a clean slate now, if he could keep it that way. "... You hopin' there's a way to get back, then? If you're thinkin' of all this as temporary?"

Content to wear Soba like a scarf, he thoughtfully stroked a fingertip over the top of the dragon's sleek head and little ears while she settled into the ragged red wool wrapped around his shoulders. “Ah— what time’s it now? My comm’s dead and I guess it’s gonna stay that way. I got here when it was still dark. Four AM, maybe? Somethin’ like that. People keep directin’ me to this ‘welcome center’ a district over, but I was tryin’ to figure this place out before I even considered actually goin'.” A mildly-paranoid approach, maybe, but he hadn’t stayed alive so long when so many people wanted to kill him by being anything less than cautious. “—You registered? You trust any of that stuff?”
@shimada genji
Suano

"Hanzo will get over it, he brought a friend I can bring one too." Genji smirked. "You're not a bother Jesse." He chuckled at Jesse's reaction, "It is confusing and a bit unsettling, but we're here, and I don't have a better explanation than that either. If you want to help, feel free. I'm expecting these entities want us to do something for them and they'll send us home after that." He wasn't sure hwo Jesse could do more than he did. He scoffed. "Registered only because I have to be, or you end up in the mines...it's a strange world we live in now...I think Hanzo and Vincent are registered too...they hunt monsters and big game out in the wilds for their money." He sighed and led the way towards a cafe.

"Let's get you something to eat and you can tell me what was happening before you got here." Genji shook his head. "I barely had time to step out of the transport before I started falling." He huffed, "I woke up falling from the sky. Landed in a tree in the park. I'm lucky." He put his arms behind his head. "There's been some uproar about the policies around here...so many outsiders being in one place I imagine. A riot almost started over some protests." He shook his head, "There's discourse no matter where you go." They stepped into the cafe and fell in line. "....They have good coffee here." Genji made a face.

"Did you hear any more about Commander Morrison coming back?...Winston said something about ghost data from Talon's attack on Gibraltar....but no one has heard anything from Commander Reyes...." Genji sighed heavily, "I shouldn't have left the way I did." He regretted not saying good bye to Reyes or Jesse. Moira could suck on lemons. He shook his head, "We're here at least..."

Sorry this took so long ; Shimada Genji
Suano

THICKER THAN THIEVES
“Guess that’s fair.” Though Jesse laughed, he meant what he’d said— he had no desire to be a source of tension, or to stay where he wasn’t welcome just because it seemed like he had nowhere else to go. His pride, among other things, forbade it... and if reconciliation between the brothers was actually possible, it would no doubt be a tenuous, delicate thing. Causing friction with his presence, if that became an issue, would do it no favors. He’d make his own way if he needed to. He was used to it. At this point, he'd probably spent at least half his life without a real home. "Suppose I gotta register, then."

“The way I see it, the least they could’ve done was ask nice. I dunno about you, but I had shit to do back home and now I've been rudely interrupted. Doesn’t really put me in the mood to be dolin’ out favors.” Drawl thrumming with dry amusement, he fell into step beside Genji, carefully rearranging his serape to better support Soba’s head. “... So there are monsters here. Alright. Are we talkin’, like... those old B-movies we used to watch? Big bugs, that sort of thing?” Jesse intended to take everything in stride, apparently— what else could he do? “What about you? What’d you end up doin’?”

The cafe was warm and just on the comfortable side of crowded, the rich smell of coffee and baked goods hanging heavy in the air. "I got dumped in a puddle. Real dignified, right? You'd think they'd be a little more careful, if they've got these grand plans for us." Still half-used to missing meals, thanks in particular to his years of tracking bounties with the sort of relentless, singleminded focus that really didn't accommodate stopping for lunch, he hadn't given any thought to how hungry he was— until just now. Hoping his stomach wouldn't growl audibly, he shuffled himself into line beside Genji, distracted from the pie in the display case by the turn in topic.

Abruptly, a cloud passed over his sunny expression and left it grim. "... They're all back. Morrison turned up with Amari, and..." He drew a deep breath, gaze briefly flitting to the side. "... The Reaper— we think the Reaper is Reyes. No one's sure yet. Part of me doesn't wanna believe it, but... it'd explain a lot, and you know what it was like at the end. What he was like. You know why I left not too long after you did." This wasn't a conversation to have at length in the middle of a crowded cafe, even if no one around them would have the faintest idea what they were talking about, Jesse decided, so he swallowed thickly and left it at that for now.

Something deeply wounded swam in his eyes for a beat or two, and then his usual mask of nonchalant cheer sprang seamlessly back into place.
@shimada genji
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.