Add Reply
New Poll

we're walking a tightrope, ft. gladio
Auram
Race: Human
Job: Waiter
Series: Final Fantasy XV
OOC: Chai - AST - Offline

crashing, hit a wall. right now, i need a miracle. hurry up now i need a miracle. stranded, reaching out - i call your name but you are not around. i say your name but you're not around. i need you, i need you, i need you right now. yeah, i know need you right now.
Initially, Prompto had thought nothing of it. However, the more time he spent working on his shifts the more he realize that time really went by fast when one became occupied. By the time he reached the end of his shift one could see the darkness shrouding the surrounding area past the glass panes of the cafe. After bidding his goodbyes and congratulating his coworkers for a job well done, the blond gathered his things and proceeded to head towards the door. Opening it, a soft chime interrupted the silence that had settled in before walking into the streets where just a few passerby were loitering around.

Taking in a deep breath, he smiled in accomplishment over the fact that he managed to survive another day of hectic chaos. Not once did it ever cross his mind that people could be so scary when they're hungry. Shuddering at the thought, he adjusted his bag on his shoulder only to turn towards a nearby street until something, or rather, someone caught his eye. Blinking a few times, he willed away the momentary disbelief before picking up his pace to reach a fairly familiar individual.

"Yo, big guy! What's up? What'cha doin' all the way out here for 'nyway?" he accompanied his inquiry with a smile, tilting his head to one side to show his obvious interest.

@Gladiolus Amicitia
here you are. ~

--------------------
user posted image
Suano
Job: Bodyguard
OOC: Peri - Pacific Standard Time - Offline

there's no hell that he can show me
that's deeper than my pride

Gladio had his bike parked safely on the other side of the sidewalk just outside of the cafe, thumbing through the messages on his phone as he kept a careful watch over the time. What time was it that Prom said he got off again? Soon he hoped, though as the sun came to set and the dark silhouettes of the city's buildings came to stretch across the pavement he knew that it had to be getting close. Most of the streetlights had flickered on, a few seeming to be in need of repair as they buzzed and fizzled lifelessly, dotting the street with spots of darkness as dusk settled in.

Probably a good thing he decided to wait. Wouldn't want the little guy heading home alone in the dark.

The mellifluous chime of a bell sung through the air, drawing his attention from across the street while he saw the blonde exit from the door. Offering a casual wave to draw his attention, he offered a warm nod the moment their gazes found one another. Stuffing his phone back into his jacket pocket, he waited for Prom to come to him before he stood up from leaning against his motorcycle. “Hey,” he rumbled as a faint grin managing its way across his face, “Isn't it obvious?”

He cautiously gave Prom a once-over behind hooded lids, amber eyes searching for any signs of wear or fatigue. Thrilled as he was when they had first managed to bump into each other, he regretted that maybe they didn't get the chance to catch up fully. Was he really okay? Did he have it rough here in the city while he was on his own? In a way, it weighed on Gladio, nagging him until he decided just to come out and meet him in person. Jobs and new lives be damned, he wasn't about to allow Salutem to keep them from seeing each other. Not with Iggy here too—three pieces of their incomplete puzzle coming together. What were the odds that the “gods” were so merciful?

“Thought I'd catch up with you,” one arm wrapped lazily around Prom's shoulder, wrenching him in a little closer, “This time while you still aren't on the clock. Didn't get you into too much trouble, did we?” After sweet talking the lady that ran the front of the house, he hoped not... but one could never be too sure. Just checking.

“Could go for a lil' walk,” he offered, “That something you'd be up for?”

I will never be forgotten
Forever I'll fight

--------------------
user posted image
Auram
Job: Waiter
OOC: Chai - AST - Offline

crashing, hit a wall. right now, i need a miracle. hurry up now i need a miracle. stranded, reaching out - i call your name but you are not around. i say your name but you're not around. i need you, i need you, i need you right now. yeah, i know need you right now.
If Prompto had been capable of reading people's thoughts, he'd completely agree with the ones that crossed Gladio's mind right about now. It hadn't been easy, and he'd be lying if he responded otherwise. But given how much both of them tended to worry about his and Noctis' well being, Prompto didn't want to add another tack onto their list. However, to his dismay, Gladio had always had a keen eye when it came to something troubling someone. So by the time he felt that well built arm reeling him into place, the blond struggled slightly in an attempt to wrench himself out of it. "Whoa, whoa, wait a sec!" a chuckle soon followed the statement, leaning against him just a bit.

Due to their time spent apart, Prompto quietly acknowledge the fact that he'd actually missed moments like this. He could recall moments where he woke up, strongly believing that he'd been sleeping in a tent underneath the stars in the middle of nowhere only to be greeted by pale, white walls belonging to his room instead. Those thoughts were then cast aside once his companion interjected them with a suggestion, causing bright eyes to flicker their focus towards the source. "Huh? Oh.. that. Uhhh, can't say I didn't get an earful, but after I explained.. he kinda' eased up a bit. Told me not t'do it again, though. No biggie."

Shoulders shrugged a bit, smiling a bit in Gladio's direction as he spoke which made the blond cant his head curiously to a side. "A walk? Sure, sounds better than what I had in mind. Grab some dinner and go home n'sleep. Usually kinda' boring by myself, yanno?" reaching over the others arm, he idly scratched the bridge of his nose. It'd been a rinse repeat process, but a change of pace did sound nice for a change.

@Gladiolus Amicitia
you asking me out on a date, gladio???? LOL

--------------------
user posted image
Suano
Job: Bodyguard
OOC: Peri - Pacific Standard Time - Offline

there's no hell that he can show me
that's deeper than my pride

Prompto trying to wiggle his way out of his grasp had never stopped him before and it definitely wouldn't now. At least he spared the hair this time, figuring it was best to go a little easy on him after causing all of the commotion at the restaurant. Still, it was all he could do to show just how grateful he was that fate finally dealt them a merciful hand for a change. They were mostly together now, with not much else to get in the way.

Wincing a bit to hear that the boss had gotten ticked off, only then did he let up a little on the head lock. Easing up so that it was more a one-sided hug than anything as he hid a slight twist of his lips. Yea, he supposed not everyone would be so understanding here, though it was good to hear that at the very least they went easy on Prompto. That was enough to put his mind at ease just a fraction, offering the blonde a soft pat on the shoulder. “Can't promise it won't happen again, but hey... You know I've always got your back.”

A walk it was then, that muscular arm finally moving away to give the other some reprieve. Except something that slipped out of his friend's mouth chilled him from the inside out, a hollowness from before slowly aching in the pit of his stomach. Usually kinda boring by myself. Damn it, if he didn't understand. A part of him wanted to almost be angry that they hadn't managed to cross paths until recently—how long had it truly been? How long was Prompto dealing with everything on his own? Gladio always told himself that he was doing all he could, looking for them... but in a city like Salutem it was so easy for people to get lost between the cracks.

Sighing softly, he glanced at Prompto through the corners of his amber eyes, “Yea, I get the feeling... Was alone for a while there, too...” Sent to the mines a few times, struggled to make ends meet, Salutem had chewed him up and spit him back out again before he got things straight. All that guilt and rage, he had learned to let it go and only after that did he manage to step forward. “But now that we're all together again, won't be a dull moment.”

There was a hopefulness to his voice, something he didn't let slide too often. After all that had happened, if they could all be happy... maybe that'd be enough.

Rounding the first city block, Gladio urged them to slow down at the crosswalk. Waiting for the light to turn from red to green, his hands finally made their way casually into the pockets of his rugged jeans. “So...” he muttered, “You really been doin' alright...? I mean... on your own, that is?”

I will never be forgotten
Forever I'll fight

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

A f f i l i a t e s
Hexed Save Me The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play We Are Warriors ideal world surreality fugue state Eledria - JRPG-inspired Fantasy World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Room 12 Ataraxy Digimon: Kids in America Heroes Reborn Devil's Tattoo animanga harry potter
NickPicHost RPG-D Distant Fantasies

This skin was created by liv of candyland couture!, shadowplay and shine. special thanks to black for the css popout modals, kismet for the cbox toggle, and font awesome, material icons and linear icons for the font icons! Thank YSA for the staff icon arrangement and the affiliate box. Credit liv of candyland couture!, Andatsea for some of the art used on the skin. Also credit the various artists and writers that are a part of this site.